By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sells 459,000 copies on launch day in US, fastest-selling Mario Kart in the US.

http://www.livescience.com/images/i/000/063/583/original/heroin-works.jpg

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

i'm really confused about the shock in the comments so far. It's Mario Kart on a system with only one other big game that released two months ago, of course it's going to sell well

now hopefully Nintendo can sort out the network issues it's apparently having on the game, going to be difficult with how many people must be playing it right now

jason1637 said:
I predicted 1m but still good numbers.

In the US alone? With a ~1m userbase?

Edit: ok, more like 1.4m userbase. But still.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Boutros said:
That's really great of course but in all fairness that's the first must-have title since the launch of the Switch almost two months ago so I don't see why wouldn't most Switch owners buy it.

You mean outside of Zelda?Yeah, most likely.

But its still impressive that it managed to pull better numbers than past entries that had bigger install bases.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

jason1637 said:

1M in USA alone? 

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
nero said:
was about to post it, just insane woooow, another million seller in a a week? Switch is killing it

in two days***

Is insane

Indeed, with a smaller userbase than the Wii had, million sellers in days incoming. Will it have 1:1 attach ratio? No wonder Amazon screw the shipping of this game. It's racing off the shelves

Boutros said:
That's really great of course but in all fairness that's the first must-have title since the launch of the Switch almost two months ago so I don't see why wouldn't most Switch owners buy it.

Can't wait to hear this for every major release in the coming months.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Got my copy day one. Immediately went online and got my mushrooms handed to me. Now its time to get back into the drift offline so I can git gud again.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

jason1637 said:

Day 1? Knowing the userbase right now, it's amazing

I bought the game lol

mM