By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe sells 459,000 copies on launch day in US, fastest-selling Mario Kart in the US.

nero said:

Indeed, with a smaller userbase than the Wii had, million sellers in days incoming. Will it have 1:1 attach ratio? No wonder Amazon screw the shipping of this game. It's racing off the shelves

I think ~80% until Splatoon 2

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Quite impressive!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Incredible. Nintendo seeing these sales might mean other Wii U titles to Switch? I'd love Wii U Smash or Mario on the go.

I contributed to that! The downplayers can try to say it shoulda been expected, but lol no ones falling for that, no one expected this port to beat out MKWii. Link me to such a post if I'm mistaken!

Slarvax said:
Boutros said:
That's really great of course but in all fairness that's the first must-have title since the launch of the Switch almost two months ago so I don't see why wouldn't most Switch owners buy it.

Can't wait to hear this for every major release in the coming months.

Well you will hear that again as it is exactly what Nintendo wanted and planned.

"However the company's president Tatsumi Kimishima stood by the company's decision to launch the hardware with only a few games available. Apparently, their intention was to control the flow of software, to supposedly keep consumers engaged until the next major title releases."

"Our thinking in arranging the 2017 software lineup is that it is important to continue to provide new titles regularly without long gaps. This encourages consumers to continue actively playing the system, maintains buzz, and spurs continued sales momentum for Nintendo Switch."

Around the Network

Sony & Microsoft need to do something fast cose switch its A Monster Born

Next Big Surprize is Minecraft Switch

Well it's the systems 2nd game.

User moderated -RavenXtra

Clearly the Switch is out for some sort of vengeance for what happened with the Wii U.

gentii said:

Sony & Microsoft need to do something fast cose switch its A Monster Born

Next Big Surprize is Minecraft Switch

yeah I agree. PS4 is basically dead at this point because of this Switch onslaught

celador said:
i'm really confused about the shock in the comments so far. It's Mario Kart on a system with only one other big game that released two months ago, of course it's going to sell well

now hopefully Nintendo can sort out the network issues it's apparently having on the game, going to be difficult with how many people must be playing it right now

On one hand, you had people saying "It's a port of an old WiiU game" and on the other hand, you have a still relatively small but userbase.

Some people (like me!) thought it would sell well but didn't expect the fastest selling game in the series' 25 year history.