By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo "will not be hosting a large-scale press conference" at E3

Regardless to people's personal opinions on what format makes for better viewing, i think this is a missed opportunity. A big E3 presentation in the style of Sony's last one (effectively just a massive gameplay real with a bit of crowd hyping added in) could generate a lot of buzz for Nintendo. Them having a presentation at all would pull in a lot of interest, given how long it's been since their last.

Around the Network

Nintendo seems to be better at digital directs than they were with the live shows, anyhow. To be honest, those live shows are awful unless they cut out the fat. I liked Sony's show from last year, and that was basically just a trailer-fest with a live orchestra. Like Zekkyou wrote, though, the live shows do have the crowd reaction, which honestly helps with the hype levels. 

Not surprising and don't really mind, but really hope there are good annoucements

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

As long as the direct does not have long interviews then its fine!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

As long as actual announcements are made in the form of a Direct or some sort of Digital Showcase everything is peachy. If they only do Treehouse though, that's extremely lame.

Around the Network

Directs are so much better IMO. Stage shows are horribly awkward and so much cringe.

Big missed opportunity as usual

StarOcean said:

Personally I think no. The scripted Direct E3 events have been much better than stage events. As long as they have Mario Odyessy, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, etc. there they will have a great show. I find sitting through Sony and MS' briefings to be a chore these days actually. Dull and lots of dead space. 

Scripted/pre-recorded keeps everything moving at a snappy pace without listening to person XYZ introduce themselves and blah, blah, blah, just shut up already and show your game, blah, blah, etc. 

Soundwave said:
StarOcean said:

Personally I think no. The scripted Direct E3 events have been much better than stage events. As long as they have Mario Odyessy, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, etc. there they will have a great show. I find sitting through Sony and MS' briefings to be a chore these days actually. Dull and lots of dead space. 

Scripted/pre-recorded keeps everything moving at a snappy pace without listening to person XYZ introduce themselves and blah, blah, blah, just shut up already and show your game, blah, blah, etc. 

I agree, but Nintendo could at least try to get some hype going for their games. I like Directs, but its not very exciting to see two old men in a yarn shop talking about their game...

They should do a E3 show to show off their new hardware and games. Alot of games pay attention to that event.