By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Available now.

Tagged games:

KLXVER said:
Not since the Wii, huh? Well someone is in for a hell of an upgrade.

I guess I also have MK7 but just never really found the time to get into it at all, I think I maybe did one GP and just was playing some other games at the time can't recall, but MKWii was the last one that I sank 20+ hours into.

People saying it was bad... but I dunno, I really enjoyed the heck out of it, not the motion controls of course, those could suck my dick :D Gamecube pad was all you needed to make that great.

super_etecoon said:
Definitely thinking about digital after seeing the GameXplain break down of the improved load times. Someone recommend me a good microSD card I can pick up at Target, por favor.

In terms of needing space to download the game, it's just 6.8GB of the system storage, considering I have Zelda in the cart port and now this on the internal memory alongside Fast RMX I still have around 17GB free with a micro SD only inserted to get around the hard limit of 1000 screen shots to the system memory, (can have 10k on a sd card of any size, it's just a file number limit for the internal storage)

Also....

Wtf it's such a beautiful game :o I'm lost for words as to how great that looks, just playing it 720p/60 on handheld last night, but wow.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

I got it but it took forever to download from the Nintendo eShop (sheesh).

Looks gorgeous in 1080p, really don't notice the lack of AA in 1080p sitting at normal living room distance.

Portable mode just feels *miles* better than Mario Kart 7 on 3DS. Like I've said, Switch is like flying first class, you never want to go back to coach after. 

Already got my digital version. Loading times are really short in comparision to WII U. Higher resolution is also great, way less aliasing. Less blurry and a really detailed image. I also notice the LOD changes way more, though. And some other stuff which was less noticeable.
Also, real fluid gameplay. That's the greatest thing of all. No more stutter.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

palou said:
KLXVER said:
Not since the Wii, huh? Well someone is in for a hell of an upgrade.

Yeah, MKwii was probably one of the worst games in the series (if not the), MK8 with all the DLC and now a battle mode looking to be one of the best...

1. MK: 8
2. MK: DS
3. MK: Wii
4. MK: Double Dash
5. MK: 7
6. MK: 64
7. MK: Super Circuit
8. Super Mario Kart

Peh said:

Already got my digital version. Loading times are really short in comparision to WII U. Higher resolution is also great, way less aliasing. Less blurry and a really detailed image. I also notice the LOD changes way more, though. And some other stuff which was less noticeable.
Also, real fluid gameplay. That's the greatest thing of all. No more stutter.

Sounds great, load times improvement is great because they were quite painfully slow on the original. Only thing really missing is 60fps in 3/4 player.

Around the Network

Amazon is telling me the delivery date is now Wednesday. I am not amused. Might cancel and hit up GameStop today.

I still think the loading times are bit too long, lol. I miss the days of big fat carts and zero loading.

Just waiting for Amazon to deliver mah game.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

The Shine Thief mode in Battle mode is pretty fun. Not quite Splatoon fun, but fun.

It's finally here!

We have a launch party planned tonight. It was a real ride, though! Amazon botched my order of grey Joy-Cons but to make up for it they sent me *two* copies of the game for some reason, so we had a short mass panic on WhatsApp with people volunteering to buy the extra pair of Joy-Con lol. Thanks to my amazing girlfriend, who risked her life to secure a neon colored pair (slight exaggeration for story-telling purposes) we will be able to play Mario Kart in style tonight. Now I just hope none of us will get hit by a meteorite or something.