By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Available now.

Tagged games:

Kristof81 said:
Off topic ... did you guys notice that in that game the HD rumble actually makes sounds? Particularly when picking up coins. It sounds like tyre squeal. Unless there's a hidden speaker in Joycons that I'm not aware of.

Have you played Fast RMX? That game can make the Joycons sound like the Pod Racers from Episode one as you go max speed, it's insane the noise they make, I've actually had to disable rumble one time using it in a docs waiting room. If you have any jewelry on your fingers would definitely make it sound even worse.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Cloudman said:

Dang, you've been busy, clearing all the courses through all the modes. And I agree, the game looks excellent and the soundtrack is just excellent. The use of actual instruments made for more lively, upbeat tunes.

And yeah, this is an great package for people who've never played the original. I wouldn't be against more Wii U titles being ported to the Switch if it means many new people can enjoy them.

Oh yeah... I've had trouble putting down the Switch since I got MK8D downloaded... you know the worst thing is, my switch has the left Joycon issue and my intention was to Finish Zelda and send it off before MK8D launched to get fixed... but after 165 hours of Zelda I still have not finished it before MK8D launched... so yeah, now got 2 Killer Apps that I don't want to be without and Minecraft coming out on the 12th, I legit think I'm never going to get that Joycon fixed if Nintendo keep churning out games that I have to play... also Disgaea 5 complete edition at the end of May, they're bastards... all these games.

But wait, regarding the OST to MK, they're actual instrumental recordings for the soundtrack really?? I guess I hadn't thought about it and just presumed it was mixed tracks but yeah it does sound so alive.

Great remix of Mute City, just... classical... but electronic in ways.

Just throwback moments of joy with the Excitebike tune, my neighbours as going to kill me for this one... my Switch hooked up to 200Watt speakers here while playing it handheld mode :D

And just the overly happy tune of to bounce along to while getting murdered at 200cc, takes some of the emo feelings away from 7 red shells in a row as the whole field passed me on lap 3... I counted them... 7 in a row. Painful.

Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I was hoping I'd be finished with Zelda in a month or 2, but that didn't happen, and now I'm getting more games than I can handle, leaving me to wonder if I'll be able to finish them all. Kind of a nice problem to have.

And I don't know if all of them use instruments, but there are examples of some, including one of my favorite tunes:

And I always pick Excite Bike when I see it in online matches, just because I love that tune so much! xD

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Aye getting back into the swing of MK, dear me though... the game is just beautiful to play and listen to, the sound of Melody road and the Excitebike remix really are just great audio pieces and the stage of melody road makes it just so fantastic to drive, even the Piranha plants bopping to the music is brilliant.

I have the feeling that I'm going to be getting a great number of hours out of my Switch, it's definitely already covered the cost of itself with 165 hours of Zelda and now this MK overload of content.

I'm actually happy in ways now that I didn't buy a Wii-U because I got to play this in basically "the way it was meant to be" enjoyed if you get me, hurt to skip a generation of Nintendo but hopefully I'll get to experience the best of its games on the Switch, if MK8D sells like I think it will, I've a feeling Nintendo would be encouraged to start repackaging more of the Wii-U library forwards to it.

Dang, you've been busy, clearing all the courses through all the modes. And I agree, the game looks excellent and the soundtrack is just excellent. The use of actual instruments made for more lively, upbeat tunes.

And yeah, this is an great package for people who've never played the original. I wouldn't be against more Wii U titles being ported to the Switch if it means many new people can enjoy them.

Now have everything under 200cc gold with 3stars just a few of these still giving me grief.

Gotta say of all the content in this game this car here gave me jollies based on what it is designed on, think it was around the 2k coins unlocked, such a cool nod to old school.

such a cool lil nod

Made into a car, love the MK8D package.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive