By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Night Trap - 25th Anniversary Edition - Announcement Trailer

konnichiwa said:
SegataSanshiro said:

ET was terrible as well but some games have a place in gaming culture and should be remembered. In itself is a time capsule.

It was terrible because it was cheap and only made to make a quick buck and now they just want to sell to collectors.

That's not it really. Both games have an important mark in gaming history. ET with the Landfill. One of the first licensed games. Night Trap is one of the key games that had Nintendo and SEGA in front of the US Senate to defend themselves. Nintendo bashed SEGA using Night Trap but the funny thing was it was the Nintendo PlayStation version showing trying to pass it off as the SEGA CD version. It also is one of the contributing factors to why we have a ratings system. Plan 9 from Outer Space is a terrible film but an important mark in film history. Doe snot always have to be good to play a pivotal role. XFL shaped how the NFL is today in camera tech and mics on players as just another example.

Sorry for the double post.

Around the Network

I played this on Sega CD back in the day and enjoyed it. It's a cool FMV game. The problem? Lots of people hate FMV. I don't.

CaptainExplosion said:
Puppyroach said:
The game that was one of, if not the main reason for age ESRB ratings in the US ☺

And it was tame compared to other games of the time.

Seriously though, why? Why a 25th anniversary edition of this embarassment?

You are pretty confident in your 1st place this generation when you can launch these kind of horrible games from the 90´s =).

And it´s fascinating how it could become so controversial just because there are live actors. But I think it had more with the politics to do, that ESRB ratings were coming and they needed an excuse to justify them.

Puppyroach said:
CaptainExplosion said:

And it was tame compared to other games of the time.

Seriously though, why? Why a 25th anniversary edition of this embarassment?

You are pretty confident in your 1st place this generation when you can launch these kind of horrible games from the 90´s =).

And it´s fascinating how it could become so controversial just because there are live actors. But I think it had more with the politics to do, that ESRB ratings were coming and they needed an excuse to justify them.

Well this was also an era where the perception is video games are for kids. So violent video games in general became an issue.

There were numerous titles in the 16 bit era that reduced violence in arcade to console ports.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

A cult classic FMV title worthy of a remaster, always wanted to play but never had the weird platforms it came out on.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Puppyroach said:

You mean they couldn't make the decision over an ACTUAL ultraviolent game from the time?

There was a game called Technocop that I always felt was the game that got the ratings ball rolling.

Would probably have picked it up if it got a proper physical release and not that Limited Run crap...

KLXVER said:
Would probably have picked it up if it got a proper physical release and not that Limited Run crap...

I mean, it's not hard to get their games. They never sell immediately for the second order window.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
KLXVER said:

I mean, it's not hard to get their games. They never sell immediately for the second order window.

Well then make sure to notify me when it goes on sale so I dont miss it.

KLXVER said:
outlawauron said:

Well then make sure to notify me when it goes on sale so I dont miss it.

I highly recommend you follow their twitter and newsletter. They let you know the dates and times when their products go on sale.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.