By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lack of continuous chatter about the PS4 Pro should teach Microsoft about scorpio

deskpro2k3 said:
p0isonparadise said:

Gen 9 started March 3rd. 

By definition, Switch is a 9th generation console. You can persoally argue over what a generation means, but the people who decide these things (not you) have their official defintion and that's that. 

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
What it SHOULD teach all of us is that mid generation upgrades are pointless. Microsoft should just call this their next generation console that has full BC.

Hmm....I almost forgot about adding this point. Many outlets have been talking about this as well, but I overlooked it since I am focused on what Microsoft is doing rather than what they should be doing to make use of this level of tech. It is true that it is pointless because development for the Xbox One will only hold it back.

Radek said:
Azzanation said:
The lack of Pro chatter is because the Pro failed to achieve what it wanted to be. Still at this point i dont know what it is. Is it a 4k machine or a 1080 machine. I look at the Pro as a console with no identity. Where as the Scorpio is a pure 4k machine and if done right it will have a good audience. Besides its not meant to outsell the PS4 or X1S.
I wouldn't be talking about lack of Exclusives until after E3.

Let's first wait until it comes out and there's like 4-5 AAA games running in 4K, and not just Forza before we can say that...

I agree. Happy to wait. MS did promise all there 1st party games will render 4k. Everything about the Scorpio is marketed towards 4k. From 4k graphics to a 4k Disc drive etc. From Physical to Digital. 

I don't expect alot of 3rd party games to take advantage of the Scorpio mainly due to the Devs not putting in the effort. Atleast i know MS will push 4k head on and lead by example with all there own games. 

Azzanation said:
Radek said:

Let's first wait until it comes out and there's like 4-5 AAA games running in 4K, and not just Forza before we can say that...

I agree. Happy to wait. MS did promise all there 1st party games will render 4k. Everything about the Scorpio is marketed towards 4k. From 4k graphics to a 4k Disc drive etc. From Physical to Digital. 

I don't expect alot of 3rd party games to take advantage of the Scorpio mainly due to the Devs not putting in the effort. Atleast i know MS will push 4k head on and lead by example with all there own games. 

They dont really need 4k to use the Scorpio without a TV. Most games on a 1080p tv will be supersampled to remedy them not having a 4k monitor or tv. Most major third party will be on board with the pro and Scorpio. It will be the same level of use. Scorpio will feature the higher resolutions though. It only makes sense.

p0isonparadise said:
Landguy said:

not to get completly off track, but in my opinion, handhelds are handhelds and consoles are consoles. generations for them don't overlap.  If they did, you better start adding iphones and tablets.

What? Nintendo/Sony aren't releasing new handhelds annualy like Apple/Samsung are releasing phones.

I think that all he's saying is that generations for handhelds generally don't overlap. Consider the following:

1989 - Game Boy

1998 - Game Boy Color (Nintendo considers this to be part of the Game Boy family of systems, thereby treating this as a mid-gen upgrade).

2001 - Game Boy Advance

2004 - Nintendo DS

2008 - Nintendo DSi (mid-gen upgrade)

2011 - Nintendo 3DS

2014 - new Nintendo 3DS (mid-gen upgrade)

2017 - Nintendo Switch

Three handheld "generations" bridge the divide between the Game Boy and the Switch, yet four such "generations" separate the SNES from the Switch - despite releasing a year later than the Game Boy!

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
The lack of Pro chatter is because the Pro failed to achieve what it wanted to be. Still at this point i dont know what it is. Is it a 4k machine or a 1080 machine. I look at the Pro as a console with no identity. Where as the Scorpio is a pure 4k machine and if done right it will have a good audience. Besides its not meant to outsell the PS4 or X1S.
I wouldn't be talking about lack of Exclusives until after E3.

The Pro seems to be outselling the top S SKU, at least on Amazon, Target, and Best Buy.  With a $150 difference.  It helps that they're actually in stock, now.

@ OP

I agree MS seems to be focusing on the specs and not games or the overall package.  As I've said before, MS isn't investing as much into Xbox anymore.  No more exclusive advertising or DLC deals, and cancelling/closing games and studios.  I think Scorpio may be Xbox's, at least the HW division, last chance to show its relevancy.  If Scorpio fails, MS is definitely going to be questioning a XB2.  I think this is why Xbox has been so dead set on pushing Scorpio so hard, even at the expense of the S.

What?

deskpro2k3 said:
p0isonparadise said:

Gen 9 started March 3rd. 

Kind of dumbfounded is their now hate against the switch because it is 9th gen?

konnichiwa said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Kind of dumbfounded is their now hate against the switch because it is 9th gen?

what hate? There is only joy and uncontrollable laughter.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
p0isonparadise said:

Gen 9 started March 3rd. 

ps4 pro "true" 4k