By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lack of continuous chatter about the PS4 Pro should teach Microsoft about scorpio

deskpro2k3 said:
konnichiwa said:

Kind of dumbfounded is their now hate against the switch because it is 9th gen?

what hate? There is only joy and uncontrollable laughter.

I feel truly bad for you.

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
deskpro2k3 said:

what hate? There is only joy and uncontrollable laughter.

I'll let you know when I care. 

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

I will say this. The PS4 Pro, currently, as a 1TB vs. a 500GB PS4 slim, is worth it, for the upgrade. You get more stability in games, and more HDD space. There is at least a hundred dollars extra in value. With that said, I have an original PS4 as a gift, and a ps4 pro, I bought at 100 dollars off, so I bought mine for 299. I was not going to get the pro if I couldn't get a deal. I already had a PS4, and the 400 dollars + tax I would have had to pay, for 100 dollars worth of upgrades would not have been worth it at all...

Now, I also have a GTX 1080Ti + Ryzen 7 1800x + Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512GB + 512GB SSD, +1TB HDD + 2TB HDD, + 4TB external HDD

Xbox Scorpio will not best my PC. It just wont. Microsoft already announced that every xbox one game will make it's way to PC. I can do max settings at 1440p + 60FPS, minimum, or up to 144FPS, thanks to my monitor. But, only overwatch runs at 144FPS with no dips at max settings.

Personally I have 0 reason to own an xbox. However, I'm not playing PS exclusives without a PS4.
Both consoles are premium versions of pre-existing consoles. They're not meant to take over, in terms of sales.

Do I touch my PS4? No, I don't, I have a Pro.

Those premiums are about compromises. Are you willing to pay more for something you probably wont notice? Frame dips drive me crazy. If my minimum isn't what I want to play my game at, I will go into the settings and change things up until I get a smooth framerate across the board...

Not everyone is going to care, notice, or have a TV or monitor capable of showing off what those new consoles can do. I replaced my TV to get better response times, and more screen real estate... which cost me 700 dollars... For some people, replacing a perfectly good TV like that one for another at 2.5x the price is insane.

Is it faster than my monitor. No, it's 2 frames behind, so I play non-competitive games on the 4K TV, which is 50 inches and enjoy the larger picture. But, when I play a fighting game, like TTT2, I use my PC monitor. It's smaller, but it's faster.

There's an entry level cost, and there's a premium cost for consoles. I think it's fine. Scorpio will do well... Not everyone has a set-up like mine, with 10 gaming consoles, and a PC with high end specs on top of it all. There is a spot for scorpio.

The people who want xbox games to look better than 900p, without spending 1,000 dollars on a PC to get almost comparable performance. But, let's be honest, not even a $1,000 PC is going to beat the Scorpio. Not after taxes, warranties, and installation. Even if you do it yourself, it still takes time to do.

Scorpio is straightforward. You're not getting a fully fledged PC. You pick your game, and play it.

Its because sony have got this right, the ps4pro is only and only an option to those who have a 4k tv or want extra performanceif they want. its not needed to enjoy the playstation library.i will nbever upgrade untill i have a 4k tv to justify it.

scorpio on the other hand has got hype simmering as if its the next console to buy, feel sorry for xbox one owners they will get shafted imo, lets see how things play out

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

deskpro2k3 said:
p0isonparadise said:

You should care, though. You're embarrassing yourself.

Around the Network
p0isonparadise said:
deskpro2k3 said:

On what grounds does that make you come to this conclusion?

deskpro2k3 said:
p0isonparadise said:

On what grounds does this make you come to this conclusion?

Oh my, you're in worse shape than I originally thought. 

Skeeuk said:

Its because sony have got this right, the ps4pro is only and only an option to those who have a 4k tv or want extra performanceif they want. its not needed to enjoy the playstation library.i will nbever upgrade untill i have a 4k tv to justify it.

scorpio on the other hand has got hype simmering as if its the next console to buy, feel sorry for xbox one owners they will get shafted imo, lets see how things play out

You make zero sense. Scorpio will play B.C. games from X360 and its an Xbox One device.

Even if you have just 1080p TVs, you'll see the benefit of Scorpio by its supersampling and performance enhancing capabilities.

As has always been the case with gaming. Power doesn't win Generations. Killer IPs, interactivity and function all play a part in the value that defines where consumer's spend their money. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo can put out the most technically advanced systems out. But that means shit all if you don't have games that explore the depths of your console.

The Xbox One and Scorpio will continue to suffer if Microsoft doesn't realize why they had such awesome success with the first half of the 360's lifespan.

Killer ass games. New experience. New life. Delivering on what Gamers wanted. And compelling marketing campaigns.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Just look at PS2 for example. It went up against xbox, GameCube, dreamcast, and in the end games sell consoles. Sony is innovative when it comes to getting third party support.