By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Buy back Banjo and Conker?

Should Nintendo buy back Banjo and Conker from Microsoft and Rare?

Yahoo!! (Yes) 72 64.29%

D'oh I missed!! (No) 40 35.71%

Total:112

I'd rather have them make new IPs with that money

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Why buy some outdated games when you can use the money to make much better ones?

CaptainExplosion said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I'd rather have them make new IPs with that money

But we've been clamouring for Diddy Kong Racing on Virtual Console forever.

I don't think we is the right word. Couldn't care less about Diddy Kong Racing...

I doubt too many people would even buy it tbh and even if they did, they are gonna play against Ai and local? I'd rather have them port that game without those characters and replace it with different ones than spend money on a IP that subjectively hasn't been care worthy for decades.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

CaptainExplosion said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I don't think we is the right word. Couldn't care less about Diddy Kong Racing...

I doubt too many people would even buy it tbh and even if they did, they are gonna play against Ai and local? I'd rather have them port that game without those characters and replace it with different ones than spend money on a IP that subjectively hasn't been care worthy for decades.

They tried that in the DS remake, and it was disappointing.

Then its probably better to use that money to fund bayonetta 3

If they could buy anything back from MS, I think Perfect Dark is a better options. We already have too many platformer on Nintendo's console.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Around the Network

The games will probably end up not used like Fzero and Metriod. But if Nintendo would do something with these ips they should buy them.

CaptainExplosion said:
Vor said:
If they could buy anything back from MS, I think Perfect Dark is a better options. We already have too many platformer on Nintendo's console.

I wasn't thinking in that regard, just so that we could re-release the original Diddy Kong Racing.

If it's just for one game, can't Nintendo just make a deal with MS instead of rebuy them.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

I would love to see a sequel to Conker, but I just don't think it will happen anytime soon.

They should have never let those Rare IP's go yes, but it's too late now.

And Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong enemies, Killer Instinct, that means they should buy back the whole company.