By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Buy back Banjo and Conker?

Should Nintendo buy back Banjo and Conker from Microsoft and Rare?

Yahoo!! (Yes) 72 64.29%

D'oh I missed!! (No) 40 35.71%

Total:112

Microsoft doesn't really need the money, so I think that they'd rather sit on it for the tiniest possibility that they'll make another one.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I'd rather have them make new IPs with that money

You realize Nintendo is sitting on like 5-10 billion dollars in pure cash, right?

That isn't counting money invested in current game development or studios. They could easily buy these ips and it wouldn't impact other games development, instead it would add to their exclusive ip.

You do realize they are a business right? 

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Dulfite said:

You realize Nintendo is sitting on like 5-10 billion dollars in pure cash, right?

That isn't counting money invested in current game development or studios. They could easily buy these ips and it wouldn't impact other games development, instead it would add to their exclusive ip.

Yea, which should tell them that there is an insane demand for Banjo 3 amongst the old school fans and it would easily sell 1 million, making it profitable. 

Dulfite said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea, which should tell them that there is an insane demand for Banjo 3 amongst the old school fans and it would easily sell 1 million, making it profitable. 

"Insane" source?

Also lets not forget... Nintendo would have to not only buy back those two IPs which I am sure would cost them over a few million but also they have to develop the game... Vs... Using that money to make a new IP or invest on an IP they already own...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850