By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can ARMS Sell Over/Close to 3mil+ Lifetime Worldwide?

It could, depends on how much more content there is and the positivity & hype leading up to it. Because, this game comes out right after E3, like, literally, the day after E3 has concluded.
So, with that said, I don't think there's a need to show the game off at E3, they could do a Direct solely dedicated to the game 2-3 weeks before release where they go all in.
And if the content is promising and the reviews are kind + E3 hype, than I think this game could pull it off.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Lmao, I guess Splatoon wasn't enough for people to not judge a game too early. Second times the charm perhaps? 

Lmao Splatoon was the only new IP which was successfully on Wii U. All the other dozen new IP's flopped very hard on Wii U.

Well NintendoLand sold fairly well I beleive 

So did Captain Toad

And Zombie U

The only one I can think of is W 101 that could have sold better. The Platinum Games one

So clearly you are wrong about all other new IPs, but what are the other 8 IPs were you referring to?

JWeinCom said:
I would guess no. It's launching at a really good time when people will likely still be enthusiastic for the Switch, and early adopters will want something new. But, it's a fighting game, and those typically don't move huge numbers. Then again, I was one of those saying 750K for Splatoon, so what do I know.

Ya, its not like Nintendo has any multimillion selling franchises in this genre.........

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Dr.Vita said:
FloatingWaffles said:

Lmao, I guess Splatoon wasn't enough for people to not judge a game too early. Second times the charm perhaps? 

Lmao Splatoon was the only new IP which was successfully on Wii U. All the other dozen new IP's flopped very hard on Wii U.

can you name me these dozens of new Nintendo IP that bombed on Wii U?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
JWeinCom said:
I would guess no. It's launching at a really good time when people will likely still be enthusiastic for the Switch, and early adopters will want something new. But, it's a fighting game, and those typically don't move huge numbers. Then again, I was one of those saying 750K for Splatoon, so what do I know.

Ya, its not like Nintendo has any multimillion selling franchises in this genre.........

I guess you missed the word typically, huh? Smash's sales are not typical for a fighting game. But, if they announce that nearly every major character they have will be playable in ARMS, I'll revise my opinion accordingy.  

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Dr.Vita said:

Captain toad

Super Mario Maker 

Anyway put your money where your mouth is. If arms sells over 1mil, you get banned for a week, if it doesnt ill get banned for a week. Ill even let it be by years end. 

Deal or run away?

Of course I am accepting it, I wouldn't call myself a man if I didn't! ;)
I am gonna say that Arms won't hit 1M worldwide at the end of 2017 (of course using VGChartz numbers).
If I lose I will be banned for 1 week. But if I win you will be banned for 1 week. Sounds like an interesting bet. ^^

JWeinCom said:
zorg1000 said:

I guess you missed the word typically, huh? Smash's sales are not typical for a fighting game. But, if they announce that nearly every major character they have will be playable in ARMS, I'll revise my opinion accordingy.  

i know, just messing with you

Dr.Vita said:
tbone51 said:

Captain toad

Super Mario Maker 

Anyway put your money where your mouth is. If arms sells over 1mil, you get banned for a week, if it doesnt ill get banned for a week. Ill even let it be by years end. 

Deal or run away?

I am gonna say that Arms won't hit 1M worldwide at the end of 2017 (of course using VGChartz numbers).
If I lose I will be banned for 1 week. But if I win you will be banned for 1 week. Sounds like an interesting bet. ^^

Wo woah! Not vgc numbers. Official numbers from nintendo. Im talking quater reports lol.  Let me kno if you accept. Think about it!  :)

EricFabian said:
Dr.Vita said:

can you name them?

The Wonderful 101
Zombi U
Devil's Third
Project Giant Robot
Project Cars
Watch Dogs
Mass Effect 3 (first entry of this series on a Nintendo console so it counts as a new IP for Nintendo)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (first entry of this series on a Nintendo console so it counts as a new IP for Nintendo)
Darksiders 2 (first entry of this series on a Nintendo console so it counts as a new IP for Nintendo)
Batman: Arkham Origins (first entry of this series on a Nintendo console so it counts as a new IP for Nintendo)
Bayonette 2 (first entry of this series on a Nintendo console so it counts as a new IP for Nintendo)
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (counts as a new IP cause I think it's the first release on a Nintendo home console)

That are only the games I can think of now. But I am sure that there are much more of them.

tbone51 said:
Dr.Vita said:

Wo woah! Not vgc numbers. Official numbers from nintendo. Im talking quater reports lol.  Let me kno if you accept. Think about it!  :)

But these these are usually shipments, aren't them? 
In that case it would be more fair to increase my prediction to <1.25M units shipped. Otherwise I would still stick with my <1M sold prediction.