By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can ARMS Sell Over/Close to 3mil+ Lifetime Worldwide?

curl-6 said:
Peh said:

Looking back at wonderful 101 which only did 410k lifetime and looked way more promising I will stand by what I said.

Completely different circumstances; Wonderful 101 was a pretty crappy game, with very little in the way of marketing, on a failed console. ARMS already looks like a far superior game, will almost certainly get a much bigger marketing push, and is launching on an attractive system that's selling well.

That isn't true at all

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Completely different circumstances; Wonderful 101 was a pretty crappy game, with very little in the way of marketing, on a failed console. ARMS already looks like a far superior game, will almost certainly get a much bigger marketing push, and is launching on an attractive system that's selling well.

That isn't true at all

Well, it's a matter of opinion, but between its awkward camera, annoying controls, unsatisfying combat, uneven pacing, weak level design, cluttered visuals, and overall untuitive messiness made it a 4/10 in my book.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That isn't true at all

Well, it's a matter of opinion, but between its awkward camera, annoying controls, unsatisfying combat, uneven pacing, weak level design, cluttered visuals, and overall untuitive messiness made it a 4/10 in my book.

I strongly disagree with almost every point sorry

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Which is fine, you can play it all you want, as long as I don't have to. :P

ARMS does look to have far more appeal than W101 though, which will contribute to it selling better.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

That isn't true at all

The game has a 78 metascore and an 8.6 userscore.  So, according to the general concensus, which is the only thing really relevant if we're talking about sales, it was viewed as a fairly good game. 

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

The game has a 78 metascore and an 8.6 userscore.  So, according to the general concensus, which is the only thing really relevant if we're talking about sales, it was viewed as a fairly good game. 

A 78 isn't the kind of score that sways buyers to say "oh I should buy this". Also, the game just wasn't a very attractive or intuitive concept; a superhero brawler where you play as a hundred characters at once, it just looked like a confusing mess. It was very much a niche product and just didn't have much appeal to the mainstream gamer.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Which is fine, you can play it all you want, as long as I don't have to. :P

ARMS does look to have far more appeal than W101 though, which will contribute to it selling better.

That's where you are right, Arms has way more appeal.

Goodnightmoon said:
Dr.Vita said:

So if Nintendo had published games like Zombi U or The Wonderful 101 then they wouldn't flopped?
Why shouldn't al these games count as new IP's for Nintendo, it was the first time they were released on a Nintendo home console.
And  the games that didn't even release (Project Giant Robot) shows again how much of a failure they were on Wii U.

If you want to count 2nd party new Ips that flopped then only Wonderful 101 and TMS fits, TMS in particular didn't sold specially bad for a Shin Megami Tensei spin off with no translation outside english and a very limited release, but even if you want to count it as a flop those are 2 games, not a dozen. Also since we are talking about a new ip made by Nintendo (Arms) it makes way more sense to compare it with another new ip made by them like Splatoon instead of comparing it with an Atlus game.

But since you are even naming games that were never released to make your point I think this discussion makes no sense as you completely lack credibility.

I think this is what some are overlooking. This is a new IP made by Nintendo, in house and led by Kosuke Yabuki, who had a hand on New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Twilight Princess, Nintendogs + Cats, and the latest Mario Kart games including the upcoming 8 Deluxe. Splatoon and Nintendo Land were two new IPs made in house by the more notable teams and they've done well. If ARMS was made by a smaller team and less notable dev, then maybe I might see where some are thinking in projecting lower sales, but it isn't the case.

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:
It depends. Does ARMS have a lot of competition from other games?

Bro can you stop posting in nintendo threads pretty pls? Your not even contributing smh

I asked a legitimate question. I don't know why you're being so aggressive with me.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Bro can you stop posting in nintendo threads pretty pls? Your not even contributing smh

I asked a legitimate question. I don't know why you're being so aggressive with me.

It's true you've done no harm here and tbone is acting a bit out of line, but you know exactly why! At this point it's hard to blame people for assuming anything and everything you say in a Nintendo thread is Nintendo downplay. That's just the reputation you've built up mate. :L