By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 graphics to move closer to photorealism, says Mothergunship dev

No shit, sherlock!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
My limit on how good I want graphics to be is Horizon Zero Dawn, anything past that is pointless

I remember saying the exact same thing to my friend when Gran Turismo 3 released on PS2. I'm confident Horizon Zero Dawn will look like shit in 15 years.

PS5 won't be anywhere near photorealism and I'm pretty confident 4K resolution isn't enough. Actually I think REAL photorealism needs a display-system which is not tied to pixels at all.

I cannot imagine toilet-free life.

Kebabs have a unique attribute compared to other consumables. To unlock this effect you need to wolf down a big ass kebab really fast, like under 10 minutes or so and wait for the effect to kick in. If done correctly your movements should feel unbelievably heavy to the point where you literally cannot move at all.

-Downtown Alanya Kebab magazine issue no.198

In other news!
New 2018 smartphones to be faster than 2017 models!

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

ironmanDX said:
Just read the article. The guy doesn't even seem to mention the ps5.

True. And I also believe the PS5 will be some kind of hybrid if Switch succeeds.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

If next gen consoles are going to dish out similar power to todays best gaming rigs than no it wont be photo realism. My 9tf PC does not do photo realism and its far from doing it. I wont be hyping up next gen graphics anytime soon.

Around the Network

oh wow, even closer to realism, as though they haven't been trying for the last 20 years lol. But on a serious note, they have the wrong idea about what next gen should be about. We have been wowed by graphics since every generation, that it can no longer give us a greater high that what was conveyed already. Instead they should be pushing for immersion and doing things with physics ,AI, and sense of scale taking it to new heights. I'd rather worlds filled with so much detail, depth of fields, thousands to millions of onscreen elements reacting realistically, taking us to places we haven't experienced before. We need a huge jump in cpu processors to elevate to the next level. They need to invest in that more so than gpu's.

WagnerPaiva said:
My limit on how good I want graphics to be is Horizon Zero Dawn, anything past that is pointless

That what we say every generation until we see the next Horizon: Zero Dawn haha

The question is though. Can the system do that. And keep a consistent resolution and FPS.

Jpcc86 said:
Photorealism? Now thats boring.

This. 

Also He is full of bullshit. Films CGI still often looks bad in characters. Enviroments yeah they had that down a long time but humans and creatures. No.

And here i thought we would be moving away from it