By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Darksiders Warmastered coming to Wii U May 23rd

Kudos to Nordic for keeping good to their word, and great for Wii U owners who haven't been able to upgrade to Switch yet. Anybody here still active on Wii U getting this?

Around the Network

Physical?

Media Alert: Darksiders Warmastered Edition releasing on May 23rd 2017

Contrary to a couple of online rumours, Wii U™ version is on its way and by no means cancelled

Vienna Austria, April 7th, 2017

Short info on Darksiders Warmastered Edition for Wii U™:
Release date: May 23rd, 2017
RRP: EUR/USD 19.99, GBP 14.99
Tags: Action RPG, Action-Adventure, Hack and Slash, Third Person

Darksiders Warmastered Edition is a remaster of the original Darksiders with hellish HD resolution and performance improvements!

About Darksiders
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth. 

• Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
  • Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
  • Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
  • Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons, unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
  • Battle Heaven and Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way - from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes

Can't wait to see how much it ends up selling.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Would off maybe bought that on Switch, wonder if they would port it over

Around the Network

Great job THQNordic. Well... I guess I'll finally get Darksiders I.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

I think most people accepted that the wii u version wouldn't happen, but if anything this is a pleasent surprise for some people so good for them.

I'm going to get it for the collection, as I already have Darksiders II on Wii U.

This might be a game to keep sealed if you want reselling value. Might become rare in the future just because of a low print run and one of the last Wii U games.

I have to give them credit for sticking to their guns with the WiiU version. But by the time it comes out, the WiiU will be a dead platform. Only collectors will buy it at all.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.