$399 63 13.58%

$449 65 14.01%

$499 199 42.89%

$549 42 9.05%

$599 90 19.40%

Total:464

$450.

Around the Network

lmao 399 really? you really think a system with 12 gigs of ram and a UH bluray is gonna be 400 .....HAHHAHAHAHA and come with a free game. HAHAH DEAD! PS4pro is at 399 i just dont see it guys.

derpysquirtle64 said:
449$ or 499$. It's kinda interesting that everyone is sure that Sony will drop PS4 Pro price to 349$ this holiday. I don't think that would be possible for them even on holiday season

It ll have been out a year at that point... production costs might have gone down, makeing it possible.

Rumors also say their working a Slimmer version of a PS4pro, to get prices down futher.

I could imagine it working out like this:

Scorpio launches at 499$, PS4pro gets a 50$ price cut, so its at 349$ (150$ differnce).

Lateron when Scorpio gets a 50$ price cut (down to 449$), Sony have a PS4pro slim release at 299$. (price differnce 150$).

Sony will fight off the Scorpio with price, by staying 100-150$ cheaper.

Anyways most (75%+) of the sales will be those of the 199$ models this year (xbox one slim & PS4 slim), not the PS4pro or Scorpio.

$399

squibbfire said:
lmao 399 really? you really think a system with 12 gigs of ram and a UH bluray is gonna be 400 .....HAHHAHAHAHA and come with a free game. HAHAH DEAD! PS4pro is at 399 i just dont see it guys.

When the Scorpio releases, it will have been four full years since a console released at $399 with 8 GB of RAM. There is no reason for a console with 12 or even 16 GB of RAM to be particularly costlier than 8 GB RAM were back then. Besides, when the PS4 relased, a similar GPU - the R9 270X - retailed for $199, roughly the same price the slightly inferior (but similar in power to the Scorpio GPU) RX 580 will be by the end of the year. So, it should cost somewhat a little more to produce than the PS4 at launch because of the GPU and the UHD, but Microsoft might take in the small loss and release at $399.

Around the Network

ConsiderING Sony is going to lower the price of PS4 PRO to $350. I doubt it's smart to sell it for a higher price than $450.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Scorpio is going to be sold as a "premium" device.

And Microsoft is definitely gonna set the price accordingly for those hungry early adopters.

These are people willing to pump out an extra 150 to 50 then normal for a few months before a price drop.

That extra lets say 100 bucks...times 500k if they sell that many...is 50 million. Thats easy cash for them and i think they are going go for as much as they can as soon as they can.

squibbfire said:
Scorpio is going to be sold as a "premium" device.

And Microsoft is definitely gonna set the price accordingly for those hungry early adopters.

These are people willing to pump out an extra 150 to 50 then normal for a few months before a price drop.

That extra lets say 100 bucks...times 500k if they sell that many...is 50 million. Thats easy cash for them and i think they are going go for as much as they can as soon as they can.

This /|

Phil has stressed "Premium" and has said they are going to sell it for what they think its worth. Eurogamer says it'll definitely cost more than Pro to build. XB knows that even with their crazy DRM,AOL,KINECT, ideas that they still sold a boatload of XB1's at $499, even knowing a lot of those people knew they were paying $100 extra for the Kinect which they didn't want anyway, yet still paid for it. Lastly, after dropping the Kinect and the price by $100, the backlash for that was minimal.

Phil also said that they know XB1S is still going to be the majority of sales even after Scorpio launches. If Scorpio was announced to be $399 at E3, I think the roar of the audience wouldn't be all that much different than the earthshaking roar of the PS4 $399 announcement. The sales for Scorpio I think would end up far exceeding those of the Pro, during their respective launches that is. $499 however, would still make it a buy for the tech heads and hardcore XB fans, but nothing to praise in terms of pricing.

This is why I think Scorpio will initially be priced at $499 with a November launch. I could see an immediate price drop to $399 at E3 2018.  6-8 months at $499 should also keep the launch buyers from feeling ripped off.

I also don't think Pro will be anymore than $100 less than Scorpio, and not just because PS has the lead and momentum, or because the PS4 (Slim) price remained on par with XB1S regardless of the extra features the XB1S had. While everybody wants cheaper stuff, there is an important marketing strategy when it comes to casual buyers. They don't understand the difference between the Pro and Scorpio hardware. They won't really understand the difference between slightly upscaled 4k and true native 4k. A lot of them won't be able to see much difference either, since they don't really know what to look for. 

All these casual consumers really know, is that better stuff costs more, so the larger the price gap between the Pro and Scorpio, the more the casuals will ask themselves, why such a big difference? This will lead them to the conclusion that Scoprio must be that much better and worth the extra money. By keeping Pro's price within $100, most people will understand there is some difference in visuals, but getting a similar enough product, for a cheaper price, is almost always going to be more tempting. Its also why XB may want a $499 Scorpio to try and more clearly show the benefits of their console through its higher price.

Yes, the Pro and Scorpio are not made for the casuals, and are directed at the tech heads and hardcore fans, but the hardcore are going to care more about the specs, games and services more than the price. This allows for the Pro price to remain high, because its still cheaper than the competition, and will sell to the hardcore and some casuals.

This is why I could potentially see a $199 PS4, $349 Pro, and $449 Pro 4K BD Edition. With the SNY BD player being $299, a $449 Pro 4k BD makes sense. It would go up against a $199 XB1S, and $499 Scorpio. This gives XB the advantage in terms of newer more capable hardware for the tech heads and XB hardcore fans, but PS would have an advantage in the fact that they had more options, and better pricing (other than the base $199 consoles).

If PS only wants two sku's, then I say they bite the bullet and add the 4k BD to Pro and charge $399 against Scorpio at $499. If you want a PS console and your a tech head or just want the best, having to still pay $399 for Pro because it has a 4k BD player shouldn't really be a big deal. That 4k BD player will draw in many more casuals than it would otherwise though.

Console sales overall this holiday season are going to be friggin nuts. With this being Switch's first holiday, and Scorpio's launch, plus $199 base models, the sales battle is going to be absolutely epic.

JRPGfan said:
derpysquirtle64 said:
449$ or 499$. It's kinda interesting that everyone is sure that Sony will drop PS4 Pro price to 349$ this holiday. I don't think that would be possible for them even on holiday season

It ll have been out a year at that point... production costs might have gone down, makeing it possible.

Rumors also say their working a Slimmer version of a PS4pro, to get prices down futher.

I could imagine it working out like this:

Scorpio launches at 499$, PS4pro gets a 50$ price cut, so its at 349$ (150$ differnce).

Lateron when Scorpio gets a 50$ price cut (down to 449$), Sony have a PS4pro slim release at 299$. (price differnce 150$).

Sony will fight off the Scorpio with price, by staying 100-150$ cheaper.

Anyways most (75%+) of the sales will be those of the 199$ models this year (xbox one slim & PS4 slim), not the PS4pro or Scorpio.

Maybe I'm wrong but original Xbox One and PS4 got price cuts after almost 2 years since launch. So I don't think it is really possible for Sony to make price cut for Pro in 2017. Also it doesn't sell millions. So it should be smarter for them to sell it at highest possible profit. And to be hobest I don't see PS4 Pro sales increase over Slim even with 50$ pricecut. Right now 1TB Slim is 350$ and 1TB Pro is 400$. And still Slim outsells Pro. Even with only 50$ difference.

They'll price it the same as the most recent iPhone, first, for profit, second, to make it look not cheap.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!