$449 65 14.01%

$499 199 42.89%

$549 42 9.05%

$599 90 19.40%

Total:464

i think 399 would be the right start for microsoft

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
$500 unless they want to take a loss. This thing seems like it ought to cost a good bit more than the Pro.

The extra memory alone is gonna be expensive.  That why I think 500+ try doubling ram in any product and not see a big spike in price.

However that being said..I still think microsoft is in the right to make the scorpio with these specs even it does cost 500 to 600...

Intrinsic said:

Now that the cat is out of the bag, here is what we know. (Plus, minus or equal signs indicate price shifts or neutrality.)

• Pretty much identical CPU to the PS4pro with its own "evolved optimizations" (=)
  • 40CU GPU for scorpio vs 36CU GPU for PS4pro (Scorpio+)
  • more advanced cooling solution (Scorpio+)
  • 12GB or RAM vs 8GB+1GB of ram for the PS4pro (Scorpio+)
  • GDDR5x ram for the scorpio vs GDDR5 ram for the PS4pro (Scorpio+)
  • Same HDD size (=)
  • UHD bluray vs bluray (scorpio+)
My guess is that this costs $499 at least. Cast your votes!!!

Eurogamer states its a faster running HDD, maybe 7200RPM?also the cpu is clocked higher... that does count for something
The Memory bus for scorpio is also 50% bigger, which is a big deal

I am guessing they will price is agressive, 449,-

damnit I want to get my hands on this console, lucky persona just dropped and FF12 is coming out because I want to play all multiplats on xbox now lol

Twitter @CyberMalistix

$400 - 450 is my prediction

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

malistix1985 said:

Eurogamer states its a faster running HDD, maybe 7200RPM?also the cpu is clocked higher... that does count for something

damnit I want to get my hands on this console, lucky persona just dropped and FF12 is coming out because I want to play all multiplats on xbox now lol

As for the HDD..... no. its not a "faster running HDD" but you will get a better performing HDD due to having a better CPU and better optimization. There aren't that many different typed of HDDs that will fit into a 2.5 form factor. 5400rpm/7200rpm wouldn't make that much of a difference when it comes to price. Now if they put in an SSD? Now that would be something. As for the memory bus, thats not HDD related and also doesn't change teh cost that much. Its also kinda necesarry going from DDR3 to GDDR5. Unless you are refeering to the southbridge whih should no doubt allow for more bandwidth.

As for pricing, as someone said in this thread I don't think MS is doing this to win anything or dethrown the PS4. They are doing this to remain relevant.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
malistix1985 said:

As for the HDD..... no. its not a "faster running HDD" but you will get a better performing HDD due to having a better CPU and better optimization. There aren't that many different typed of HDDs that will fit into a 2.5 form factor. 5400rpm/7200rpm wouldn't make that much of a difference when it comes to price. Now if they put in an SSD? Now that would be something. As for the memory bus, thats not HDD related and also doesn't change teh cost that much. Its also kinda necesarry going from DDR3 to GDDR5. Unless you are refeering to the southbridge whih should no doubt allow for more bandwidth.

As for pricing, as someone said in this thread I don't think MS is doing this to win anything or dethrown the PS4. They are doing this to remain relevant.

All I know is eurogamer writes "There's a faster 1TB 2.5-inch hard drive" in this article --> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-06-project-scorpio-explained

One of the biggest differences is also in the speed on the graphics card, which is not mentioned in the front page

Twitter @CyberMalistix

$399 to $499. I picked $499. Even though I think it could be less, based on everything that's been said by XB and Phil it just sounds like it'll end up at $499.

I think the Pro Slim rumors are more legit now with the compact design of Scorpio. PS cannot let XB create a more powerful console and make it the same size if not smaller than Pro. This will also allow PS to drop the price of Pro by $50.

I think either Pro will stay at $399, or Pro will drop to $349 and a Pro 4k BD Edition will launch at $449 and undercut Scorpio by $50.

$399 for my optimistic prediction. $449 is more likely.

malistix1985 said:

All I know is eurogamer writes "There's a faster 1TB 2.5-inch hard drive" in this article --> http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-06-project-scorpio-explained

One of the biggest differences is also in the speed on the graphics card, which is not mentioned in the front page

This is not a spec break down. The things on the first post are focused on hardware components only cause those are the things that will determine the cost of the system.

Doesn't matter what the speed of the GPU is, what matters is that i pointed out that the scorpio has a 40CU GPU compared to a 36CU GPU on the pro which equates to a more complex and also costlier chip.

$499, with the ability to drop to $399 within a year.