By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best graphics on Wii U

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

I'm not saying it doesn't deserve a mention. It's great, for a racing game.

Genre isn't really relevant, all that matters is how good it looks.

How good it looks is a bit different than best graphics.

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

Genre isn't really relevant, all that matters is how good it looks.

Graphics just means visuals, encompassing both the technological and artistic components.

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

Graphics just means visuals, encompassing both the technological and artistic components.

Exactly. *edit* but you put far to much focus on the artistic, and not the technological aspect. (Figure I should clear that up.)

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

Exactly.

So "how good it looks" and "visual/graphics" are interchangeable. There's no need to nitpick semantics when we all know and understand the common usage of the term.

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

Exactly.

So "how good it looks" and "visual/graphics" are interchangeable. There's no need to nitpick semantics when we all know and understand the common usage of the term.

But asking for the best graphics on Wii U is not the same as what "looks the best". That would be taking the whole technological perspective away (or at least dumbing it down to the lowest common denominator). But you are right, this is all coming down to battling over semantics.                             

Around the Network

To me is Breath of the Wild, is fucking gorgeous and will age extremely well, is impressive WiiU can run such a huge open world with such nice graphics. And that grass, that beautiful grass, I LOVE that grass.

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

But asking for the best graphics on Wii U is not the same as what "looks the best". That would be taking the whole technological perspective away (or at least dumbing it down to the lowest common demoninator). But you are right, this is all coming down to battling over semantics.                             

Some people value art direction over technical pizzaz I guess, and vice versa. There's room for both preferences here.

I was gonna include a poll, but VGChartz only allows for 10 options.

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

But asking for the best graphics on Wii U is not the same as what "looks the best". That would be taking the whole technological perspective away (or at least dumbing it down to the lowest common demoninator). But you are right, this is all coming down to battling over semantics.                             

Some people value art direction over technical pizzaz I guess, and vice versa. There's room for both preferences here.

I was gonna include a poll, but VGChartz only allows for 10 options.

Agreed.

didnt have my wiiu for long but i thought zombiu was extremly atmospheric visually

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

GoOnKid said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm actually thinking Assassin's Creed IV.

Large and detailed open world, many NPCs, its an impressive looking game albeit not well optimized on Wii U.

I was heavily annoyed by the flickering shadows.

That would be cool if you could turn certain options off like on PC to enhance framerate or play experience.  Such as ability to turn shadows off which would allow you to enjoy the game more.