By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best graphics on Wii U

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

It can look as great as it wants, if there is no interaction with it, it may as well be a picture.

Except FRN isn't a picture. It's a video game. It has no less interaction than is typical of an arcade racer. And XCX is hardly a paragon of interactivity. Enemies/wildlife do not react to each other, water does not ripple when the player moves through it, cars in NLA pass right through you, foliage does not react when moved through, etc.

Exactly.

Around the Network

Does Assassin's Creed 4 really look that good on Wii U? I've seen it at least twice in this thread and that's 2 more than I thought I would've seen.

Yomieeee said:
Does Assassin's Creed 4 really look that good on Wii U? I've seen it at least twice in this thread and that's 2 more than I thought I would've seen.

The shadows are extremely terrible, so no. If a game wants to have hyper realistc graphics, it should have decent shadows imo. Otherwise the immersion goes down the toilet.

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

Except FRN isn't a picture. It's a video game. It has no less interaction than is typical of an arcade racer. And XCX is hardly a paragon of interactivity. Enemies/wildlife do not react to each other, water does not ripple when the player moves through it, cars in NLA pass right through you, foliage does not react when moved through, etc.

Exactly.

This isn't about interactivity though, its about graphics. If interactivity were the benchmark, XCX wouldn't even get a mention.

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

Exactly.

This isn't about interactivity though, its about graphics. If interactivity were the benchmark, XCX wouldn't even get a mention.

But FRN would?

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

But FRN would?

FRN gets a mention because the thread is "best graphics on Wii U". There isn't really another game on the console using effects as advanced as FRN, and it runs at 60fps to boot.

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

But FRN would?

I don't think that was his point, it was that interactivity isn't what was being put forward.  If we were discussing a more general question such ad "most technically accomplished game" then the order would 1) be more stringently set and 2) different from the order seen in a listing of just best graphics.

curl-6 said:
bigtakilla said:

But FRN would?

FRN gets a mention because the thread is "best graphics on Wii U". There isn't really another game on the console using effects as advanced as FRN, and it runs at 60fps to boot.

I'm not saying it doesn't deserve a mention. It's great, for a racing game.

bigtakilla said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not saying it doesn't deserve a mention. It's great, for a racing game.

Genre isn't really relevant, all that matters is how good it looks.

Nuvendil said:
bigtakilla said:

But FRN would?

I don't think that was his point, it was that interactivity isn't what was being put forward.  If we were discussing a more general question such ad "most technically accomplished game" then the order would 1) be more stringently set and 2) different from the order seen in a listing of just best graphics.

Fair enough, but there is a certain point where you got to realize all those good looks and you only interact with a track. If I were to ask someone to show me a game with great graphics and they put on a railed racing game (because there are more free roaming racing games to be fair), it would in no way satisfy my curiosity.