By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best graphics on Wii U

Zelda is the most advanced game on the Wii U, by far. XCX may look good, but it doesn't push as many dynamic elements as Zelda does, and Zelda also has a much better art direction.

Around the Network

Yoshi's Woolly World, Paper Mario Colour Splash, and Trine Enchanted Edition also deserve special mentions I feel; they don't get brought up as much as the likes of MK8, but they're very pretty in their own right.

curl-6 said:

Yoshi's Woolly World, Paper Mario Colour Splash, and Trine Enchanted Edition also deserve special mentions I feel; they don't get brought up as much as the likes of MK8, but they're very pretty in their own right.

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is another one people forget about.  It and Woolly World don't reach for as high a goal as the big games but they execute their desired aesthetics flawlessly

curl-6 said:

I totally agree about Yoshi's Woolly World, it's so beautiful, IMO easily one of the best looking 2D game ever, definitely would be in my top 5 best looking Wii U games. My top 5 Wii U games would be something like this: Zelda BotW, MK8, Zelda WW HD, Yoshis Wolly World and Captain Toad/SM3DW.

Probably Mario Kart 8 or Bayonetta 2 from a technical standpoint but Trine 2 is sooooooo impressive!

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Zelda is the most advanced game on the Wii U, by far. XCX may look good, but it doesn't push as many dynamic elements as Zelda does, and Zelda also has a much better art direction.

XCX also runs a lot better.

From the ones I bought.......
- 3D World or Pikmin 3

Both really looked amazing!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

bigtakilla said:
Hynad said:

It does, because it doesn't push the console nearly as much as Zelda. ^_-

Hynad said:
bigtakilla said:

Which is good if you're looking at pictures I guess, but as far as playing the game.... ;)

bigtakilla said:
Hynad said:

Which is good if you're looking at pictures I guess, but as far as playing the game.... ;)

Don't exaggerate the issues. But the thread is about graphics, not performance.