By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many users on here do you think are dead?

Tagged games:

VGPolyglot said:
alternine said:

Pretty morbid man pretty morbid

Sorry, I'm personally a bit obsessed with death (dealing with the knowledge that I, everyone else, all recorded history, the Earth and even the Sun will all eventually cease to exist has been particularly troublesome and depressing for me), so I guess that I'm a little less sensitive to discussing it than I should be.

You need to apply a bit more of the law of conservation of energy in your life.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
MakeAccountLater said:
StarOcean said:
I've wondered this myself. And to those who say here they are in the process of dying, if true, I wish you all the best of luck and hope you enjoy your final years/months/days :3 I work not only as a special needs caregiver but also a hospice aide. It's all too common to see people die in my line of work

Just wanted to say that I consider you a hero. Treatment can feel like a dehumanizing process and it are caregivers, nurses, hospice aids, people like you, who have helped me (and other like me) cope with this process, who have made sure that we feel like human beings throuhout the process. In any case, I still have a chance of getting better (slim though it may be after my recent relapse), so I don't want to sound overly dramatic, but... thank you! 

Thank you! But at the same time it's an amazing learning experience for us caregivers. Especially in hospice where we do befriend and help people cope with what may be their last days. And having the opportunity to be the person who is with the person to the end is humbling. I don't often feel like I deserve to be the last person they see, but the fact they allow me to be and share their experiences with me help me better myself as an individual. It's not always fun, and at times it can be heart breaking. But I want to ensure they have someone by their side-when they pass, I wouldnt want to die alone and I know they dont either.

Probably a few. I've pondered this before, coming to the realization that death is scary. So I quietly leave my PC, and get a breath of fresh air, and feel happy knowing I'm still alive. If I'm ever gone from the site (or haven't posted anything, as I never log out of my profile) for more than 2-3 weeks without telling anyone, assume the worst for me.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

We'll all be, sooner or later. Except the undead ones, obviously.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

StarOcean said:
leedlelee said:

I realize this might be a bit off topic, but may I ask what kind of special needs care you provide???

Well my current client is high functioning, so for him I only drive him places and help with decision making. Previous clients I worked with needed much more care. With them I would bathe, dress, prep breakfast/lunch/dinner, give medication, take to see family, take to doctors appointments, fun places like the zoo or museum, take them grocery shopping, help wipe them or help them use the bathroom, clean the house, do the laundry, feed them, etc. That whole list of duties is not full but is a small glimpse of what I do. It's not an easy job, but is rewarding. Of course, when needed I also help teach and educate special needs people. Or just treat them like everyone else. My current client, for example, wanted me full time so he got his mom to contact me (he's in his mid-30's). She told me that I was his favorite caregiver ever for the simple fact I treated him like a person and not a paycheck and that they want me working for him more. It was flattering, but unfortunately I am only allowed to work 40hrs a week so I had to decline. Sorry about this long explantion XD

I used to work in a residence for young men who were higher functioning but had serious behavioral issues...

Whipe it certainly wasn't as intensive a level of care as you have provided, it definitely came with its own challenges...

And while none of my guys died, I had coworkers who lost clients to everything from medication errors to choking, to accidents, to AIDS complications, to violence...

Now I work with adults with disabilities who have joined the workforce, making sure they are able to do their jobs, but also to stand up for them and make sure their employers don't take advantage of them, and while it might not be as intense as basic care, it does get intense...

I had an employer tell me that a young woman with Down's Syndrome would not have been molested while at work if she had not been so eager to talk to the opposite sex; she worked at a coat check counter, where it was expected that she would interact with customers...

To be on topic, I suppose it's hard not to think about mortality when you see how something like employment can have such an incredibly positive impact on the life of a person that has been excluded from society...

Have a nice day...

Around the Network

In the future there will be more and more accounts of dead people all over the internet. It's strange to think that, if you would visit this forum in 50 years, half of the current users will be dead.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
That moment when the fact that no one thinks your dead means your not a prominent enough user : (

it just means you don't spend too much time online or your opinions are just neutral not causing enough controversies.... :P

I don't see why some people thinks this a bad topic to talk about, everyone will die at some point. If you think it's morbid ignore and move on, not everyone is as sensitive

RolStoppable said:
I have driven some to leave the site, but I don't know if they went as far as killing themselves.

I've been close.

KLXVER said:
I'm dead inside, does that count?

Goddamn it, that was my joke to make, MINE!

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian