By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Patch 1.11 Switch/Wii U Frame-Rate Tests!

celador said:
Is 4fps improvement actually noticeable to a regular person?

can't imagine it is at all

still good news I guess

Strictly speaking, yes, 29 FPS is closer to 30 and feels more "normal", whereas 25 definitely is more sluggish. However, let's remember that this is just an average and the important thing here is that dips to 20 FPS are now almost inexistant on Switch.

Also, I insist that the update fixed most of the issues regarding moblin combat on both systems, this is really important because they were jarring in my Wii U playthrough.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Great improvements, hope they keep patching it for that locked 30fps. The difference in Korok Forest compared to 1.1.0 is like night and day

Nice to see they keep working on performance. A 30fps lock would be much appreciated and I hope we get there eventually. I'm not usually fussy about framerates, but anything below 30fps especially for prolonged periods of time hampers gameplay.
The improvement on Switch vs. WiiU might also be an indicator that they actually didn't end up using the Switches full potential because the game was not initially developed for it.

Hiku said:
Very nice improvement to the Switch version. Not much of a difference for the WiiU version though. I wonder if they'll make another patch for WiiU later.

I have the Wiiu version and it feels definitely smoother than before, in fact I didn't know about the update until I started playing and noticed the game was running clearly better on the town I was.

celador said:
Is 4fps improvement actually noticeable to a regular person?

can't imagine it is at all

still good news I guess

It depends on the FPS range it's on. A diference of 1 FPS is an infinite percentage increase if it's improved from 0 FPS.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

At least, since there is no noticeable quality changes, we can see this performance issues are purely software related, and not insuficient hardware.
I'm positive we will start seeing games much better optimized.

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

So improvements for the Switch version, but barely noticable differences for the Wii U..

That's disappointing for me since I play the Wii U version D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
So improvements for the Switch version, but barely noticable differences for the Wii U..

Looks like you should have made the switch.

StarDoor said:
Platina said:

Looks like you should have made the switch.

I wish

But it's too expensive and I don't get systems at launch D:

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I could've sworn the Wii U version felt tangibly smoother since the patch.