By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Patch 1.11 Switch/Wii U Frame-Rate Tests!

Getting it on the switch next week :)

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:
I could've sworn the Wii U version felt tangibly smoother since the patch.

Me too. Maybe they just didn't test the right areas... or it's placebo, I don't know. But I definitely feel it's better now, even if isn't a huge difference (which seems to be the case for docked Switch).

Yeah Kakariko still chugs, but Goron City and dense forests feel less choppy now, to me anyway.

Tryklon said:
At least, since there is no noticeable quality changes, we can see this performance issues are purely software related, and not insuficient hardware.
I'm positive we will start seeing games much better optimized.

To be fair they were working much longer on Wii U version than they did on Switch version of game, maybe they didn't had enuf time to fully optimise Switch version of game, and Nintendo games are usual very optimise, we rarely see their games having FPS problems like this.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Me too. Maybe they just didn't test the right areas... or it's placebo, I don't know. But I definitely feel it's better now, even if isn't a huge difference (which seems to be the case for docked Switch).

It seems they tested Wii U version very little compared to Switch version, so its very possible that improvements are bigger than they showed in 1 min, but they are definitely much smaller compared to Switch in any case.

That's a neat bump for the game, regardless of how little it might be. These things are always appreciated. 

Let's just hope this doesn't create a trend where Nintendo release games not entirely optimized only to fix them later through patches, though. 

think-man said:
Getting it on the switch next week :)

congrats! You're in for a treat, as hard as it is to say I think it might have dethroned Pokémon Emerald as my favourite game of all time...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Me too, I think this analysisis is not making justice to Wiiu at all, it feels notably smoother.

Could be they just didn't test the areas that have seen significant improvement. Or maybe I'm just tripping balls, lolz.

I'm playing on Wii U and noticed an overall better perfomance after the patch, specially on the great plateau and during combat. Villages still suffers with lots of slowdowns. Also, I bought both digital and physical copies, and the physical version + installed data gives me much better performance and faster loading times than the digital version (tried having the game both on the Wii U internal memory and on an USB drive). Has anyone noticed it too?

zehh25 said:
I'm playing on Wii U and noticed an overall better perfomance after the patch, specially on the great plateau and during combat. Villages still suffers with lots of slowdowns. Also, I bought both digital and physical copies, and the physical version + installed data gives me much better performance and faster loading times than the digital version (tried having the game both on the Wii U internal memory and on an USB drive). Has anyone noticed it too?

That does make sense; with the physical version the game streams data from both the optical disc and HDD, while the digital version streams entirely from HDD.

Good optimizing with nothing to lose.