By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Patch 1.11 Switch/Wii U Frame-Rate Tests!

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:
Could be they just didn't test the areas that have seen significant improvement. Or maybe I'm just tripping balls, lolz.

I think they just didn't test it enough. I've been to Rito Village today and was shocked to see a locked 30fps almost all of the time.

I haven't reached Rito yet, but walking through the forest to the first Great Fairy from the shrine above Kakariko used to chug hard, but now it remains quite stable. Fights with Bokoblins seem a tad smoother also. The game's highly dynamic nature does make comparisons difficult, so it could just be that the performance differential was caused by differences in weather, time of day, and other such factors, in combination with the placebo effect. All I know is, it feels more stable to me.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

I haven't reached Rito yet, but walking through the forest to the first Great Fairy from the shrine above Kakariko used to chug hard, but now it remains quite stable. Fights with Bokoblins seem smoother also.

As in, never been there?

Welp. It used to be 20fps like any other village, though it was clearly not as demanding on the hardware, so it's great to see it make the jump to 30fps.

Nah, it's the only main town/region I haven't been to yet. I'll be heading there next, though it might take me a few days as I'll doubtless get sidetracked along the way completing shrines and exacting vengeance on the Guardians with my new ancient arrows. There's just so much to see and to do in this game, I love it.

The frame rate definitely improved on Switch with this patch when playing docked mode. I prefer to play in handheld mode but it's always nice to play on the big screen once in a while and I'm glad it's actually a step up in terms of resolution (and not a step down in terms of frame rate anymore).