By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DigitalFoundry: Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Patch 1.11 Switch/Wii U Frame-Rate Tests!

Visuals remain precisely intact, but performance is boosted noticeably on Switch, going from a 25fps average in stress areas to 29fps overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6NkNgI1ssw

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Digital Foundry said the game was optimized for Wii U (720p), not for Sweet (upscale 900p)

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

Basically it runs smooth now.It was more of an issue of being a cross gen game, like Shenlong said.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Quite impressive considering no visual downgrades.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Is 4fps improvement actually noticeable to a regular person?

can't imagine it is at all

still good news I guess

Around the Network

People were overreacting. If the game was unplayable (like running constantly at the low 20s), it would be an issue. Minor fps drops weren't a big issue and everyone knew they would patch it. Kudos to Nintendo for quickly solving the issue.

Its better for sure. Although in Korok Forest its still very noticeable. Better, but not great.

celador said:

still good news I guess

Yes. Try watching a movie in 20fps.

celador said:

still good news I guess

Well the issue is that thanks to its Vsync implementation, the fps would go down to 20fps in demanding areas. So while 25 fps vs 29 fps might seem minor, its the fact that in more situations, the framerate sticks to 30fps than dropping down to 20fps which makes the entire thing a lot smoother. And yes, 10 fps drops will be noticable to a regular person...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

celador said:

still good news I guess

There are areas where the game was running at 20-22 fps and now it is at 30 fps. 4 or 5 fps may not be a jarring difference when  talking about 30-35 or 55-60, but 25 fps is easily noticeable as laggy.