By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In 6 months the definitive version of EVERY multiplat console game will be back on Xbox.

Threads such as these will be even funnier in fifteen or twenty years or so, when new systems (if we're even still using them at that point) will likely be releasing every year or two. "Oh yeah, in six months, my ps6 pro plus ultra x 7 will be able to play multiplats in 10 dimensions!"

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Too little, too late.

This.

Next year we'll start hearing rumors about the PS5 and then early 2019 it's gonna be the PS Meeting. Unfortunately Scorpio will only have about a year in the spotlight with games that are held back by the Xbone specs from 2013. MS is surely not gonna launch the thing with actual exclusives.

People will have a hard time seeing the difference between Scorpios native 4K and PS4 Pro's checkerboard rendering.

It's going to be a great looking machine no doubt, but with a weak software line up.

They should just have delayed the Scorpio a year, made it even faster with Navi GPU and called it Xbox 4K with new exclusives not shackled down by 2013 specs.

How do you know that Sony won't release another PS4?

I'll be interested to see how much better it looks. Personally I hope it sits at a rock solid 60 fps with every game, never mind the 4k, I'm all about fps. I want Microsoft to make a lot of noise about it aswell, this will force Sony to make 60 fps standard for next gen.

Scorpio comes out in November.

Around the Network

Thread needs more exclamation points and thank yous. Here's one more! Pretty nice random punch in the dark at Sony 3rd party Japanese games: "Also, those Japanese games you listed wont sell 5 million combined!" Whether correct or not, how is that germane to the topic at hand? As far as the hardware situation, it's gonna be a game of one-upmanship as it always has been, but now, possibly, at a more rapid pace. We'll see. Your're welcome in advance.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

d21lewis said:
It'll have the power, that's for sure. But will third parties want to risk upsetting the market leader?

Sony being the market leader doesn't mean jack shit, lmao. If a company wants to make the best version of a multiplat on Scorpio now, the fuck could Sony do if they didn't like it. Threaten them to not have their game release on PS4? Then they just lost a game for their own console and will also gain horrible rep for that once that were to become public. They have no power to do anything against that even if it upsets them. 

Do you really think if a developer is creating a game and wants to make the best version on Scorpio because of it's power that they're gonna stop and even consider "Oh man but w-what if Sony doesn't like this? On second thought, let's not make the best version on Scorpio.".......

You're making it sound like Sony is sitting on a throne or something when they're not, lol. They're the same as the other big 2, they just happen to be in the lead currently, which switches all the time, just like how Nintendo was in the lead last gen and you didn't see developers going "Oh but what if we don't release a port to the Wii, what if we upset Nintendo". 

I highly doubt any company would give a fuck if Sony were angry at them for having the better multiplat on Scorpio since you could also say that what if Microsoft doesn't like a lot of these third party marketing deals going to Sony? Companies wouldn't give a fuck about if Microsoft didn't like that either (Not saying that they don't like that, just using that as a hypothetical example) because they aren't in the industry to just appease one specific company or whichever is currently on top lol. They do what is best sense business-wise, not out of 'risk of upsetting the current market leader'. 

Even if a company is on top (Sony currently) in the industry in terms of marketshare or sales it doesn't mean they have any control and can force developers to do stuff or that developers have to listen to what they want or they dare to 'upset them'.  They are still literally just one company in this whole industry. If Sony doesn't like that a developer is putting the best version of a multiplat on Scorpio and it upsets them then that developer can just say "alright, i'll go over to Nintendo or Microsoft then". 

If Sony is upset that Microsoft may get the best versions of multiplats on Scorpio from now on then they just have to suck it up and deal with it like any other company. They don't get a special say just because they're the current market leader. 

COKTOE said:
Thread needs more exclamation points and thank yous. Here's one more! Pretty nice random punch in the dark at Sony 3rd party Japanese games: "Also, those Japanese games you listed wont sell 5 million combined!" Whether correct or not, how is that germane to the topic at hand? As far as the hardware situation, it's gonna be a game of one-upmanship as it always has been, but now, possibly, at a more rapid pace. We'll see. Your're welcome in advance.

Yeah been a popular thing for a while to bash Japanese games and ine one way or another praise western stuff.

Hopefully, MS focuses on getting a 1080p and 60fps lock, well I should say I hope 3rd party devs focus on this. MS can do what they want to push the whole "4k" thing.