By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your review is a little forced in spots, Jim

KLXVER said:
KLAMarine said:

At times I felt he was being nitpicky. I have not read his Horizon review though nor have I played the game so I have no idea on that front...

I think it looks so creepy. The moon and sky turning red and the clouds all speeding off.

Music is great too! I love it!

I don't know about that and I generally avoid speculating on motivation. I will do with Jim's review what I do with many things: take it at face value. Jim did not enjoy the game as much as others but the reasoning he provides, at times, seems shaky to me.

Its cool the first 5 times sure.

Not sure I'll ever get sick of it. If I do, I'll skip it.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
KLXVER said:

Its cool the first 5 times sure.

Of course I skip it, but its still annoying when youre interrupted while youre playing. Imagine if the game just went black for about 20 secondes once in a while, people would go insane about how annoying it was.

I honesty don't care anymore.

he wanted attention, he got it. His review itself was rubbish and nothing special

KLXVER said:
KLAMarine said:

Of course I skip it, but its still annoying when youre interrupted while youre playing. Imagine if the game just went black for about 20 secondes once in a while, people would go insane about how annoying it was.

Game doesn't go black though: going black without context would be lame, this is Ganondorf reasserting his presence every so often by bringing back his fallen monsters.

That's the way I see it, anyways and in my experience, it's quite rare. It's not Castlevania 2 levels of invasive.

KLAMarine said:
pokoko said:
Well, I mean, it's Jim Sterling. Wouldn't you normally assume tongue-in-cheek hyperbole since he does it all the time?

Does he do it all the time? I'm not much of a Sterling follower, you're gonna have to tell me...

Well, take his FF13 review, since it's kind of famous, too.

"The story is terrible, but the dialog is worse. An average conversation in Final Fantasy XIII goes like this: "Pulse, Cocoon, L'sie, Fal'sie, Focus, Focus, Focus." Over and over again, the same stupid words. If you can get to the end of this 30+ hour saga and not be sick of those words, you're a strong man indeed. I wanted to vomit after just an hour of it. That's not helped by Vannile, whose Australian warblings and high-pitched wailing manages to make an already ludicrous story sound even worse."

That's not actually how an average conversation in FF13 goes (though it's close).  I also doubt he wanted to vomit.  Throwing up isn't fun and probably wouldn't have helped.

I'm not a fan of Sterling whatsoever but he is from England so he does exaggerate for effect.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
KLXVER said:

Game doesn't go black though: going black without context would be lame, this is Ganondorf reasserting his presence every so often by bringing back his fallen monsters.

That's the way I see it, anyways and in my experience, it's quite rare. It's not Castlevania 2 levels of invasive.

It kinda does go black. Theres just some white text on the screen as well.

pokoko said:
KLAMarine said:

Does he do it all the time? I'm not much of a Sterling follower, you're gonna have to tell me...

Well, take his FF13 review, since it's kind of famous, too.

"The story is terrible, but the dialog is worse. An average conversation in Final Fantasy XIII goes like this: "Pulse, Cocoon, L'sie, Fal'sie, Focus, Focus, Focus." Over and over again, the same stupid words. If you can get to the end of this 30+ hour saga and not be sick of those words, you're a strong man indeed. I wanted to vomit after just an hour of it. That's not helped by Vannile, whose Australian warblings and high-pitched wailing manages to make an already ludicrous story sound even worse."

That's not actually how an average conversation in FF13 goes (though it's close).  I also doubt he wanted to vomit.  Throwing up isn't fun and probably wouldn't have helped.

I'm not a fan of Sterling whatsoever but he is from England so he does exaggerate for effect.

Hmmm, now I have to wonder what portions of his BotW review might be exaggeration...

KLXVER said:
KLAMarine said:

Well yeah but there's context. Ganondorf bringing back his monsters.

KLAMarine said:                                        
KLXVER said:

I know he is, but he doesnt need to interrupt what Im doing. I see the blood moon and I would know "Ok, the enemies are respawning". No need to make me skip a cutscene 50 times. I know it needs to load them in, but its still annoying.

KLXVER said:
KLAMarine said:                                        

I know he is, but he doesnt need to interrupt what Im doing. I see the blood moon and I would know "Ok, the enemies are respawning". No need to make me skip a cutscene 50 times. I know it needs to load them in, but its still annoying.

How often does it happen for you? It's been very rare for me and at times I hope it happens again.

KLAMarine said:
KLXVER said:

How often does it happen for you? It's been very rare for me and at times I hope it happens again.

Ive had it happen like 3 times in an hour and like 2 times in 10 minutes, but its usually more rare.