By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your review is a little forced in spots, Jim

are people still bitching about his review? jeez man

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
are people still bitching about his review? jeez man

I know, right?

Does anyone bother to check the legitimacy of critics that hand out perfect scores for our favourite games? I mean.. a 10 out of 10 should be questionable, I question the 10s that Avengers: Civil War got whenever the movie is disucussed.

Do we call the first critic that gives an anticipated game a perfect score a clickbaiter? Why don't we? After all, the first reviewer to give a perfect score for a highly anticipated game will surly get some clicks. But nope, who cares, it's a 10 for my favourite game, it won't irk me if I go to sleep knowing that he or she did it for clicks.

Get the fuck over it guys, a 7/10 is a great score.

The true message of this thread shouldn't be that he gave the game a 7, but instead that he did this to gain clicks and therefore can't be taken serious.

GoOnKid said:

The true message of this thread shouldn't be that he gave the game a 7, but instead that he did this to gain clicks and therefore can't be taken serious.

people who keep saying this are just a joke to be honest. because you make a claim without any basis and look foolish as a result. he could get 1 click or 20 million it doesnt matter or make a difference to him. he doesnt make revenue from clicks. he doesnt monetize his site or his youtube channel. he makes money from donations on patreon. 

bananaking21 said:
GoOnKid said:

people who keep saying this are just a joke to be honest. because you make a claim without any basis and look foolish as a result. he could get 1 click or 20 million it doesnt matter or make a difference to him. he doesnt make revenue from clicks. he doesnt monetize his site or his youtube channel. he makes money from donations on patreon. 

So he does benefit from more clicks as more people get to know him and his patreon account.

He's basically a beggar.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
bananaking21 said:

So he does benefit from more clicks as more people get to know him and his patreon account.

He's basically a beggar.

No, he's not. He's an amazing original content creator. His fans want more of his conent so they donate so he could dedicate more time to what he does. If his fans decide his output quality and quantity aren't on par, they can pull the plug. He's offering entertainment and people are paying for it. That's not begging, you are just an idiot who doesn't know the meaning of the word.

LurkerJ said:
Alkibiádēs said:

He's basically a beggar.

No, he's not. He's an amazing original content creator. His fans want more of his conent so they donate so he could dedicate more time to what he does. If his fans decide his output quality and quantity aren't on par, they can pull the plug. He's offering entertainment and people are paying for it. That's not begging, you are just an idiot who doesn't know the meaning of the word.

You throw around the word "amazing" pretty quickly. His reviews are poorly written. He comes across as an uneducated person when analysing his writing style. Hardly "amazing". What serious critic throws words like "fuck" around in his reviews? Roger Egbert is amazing, Jim Sterling is just a brat sharing his opinion online. 

He's asking people to donate money to him, how is that not a form of begging? It's also pretty obvious that the Youtube crowd doesn't care about quality if you look at how many subscribers people like Pewdiepie have. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:

You throw around the word "amazing" pretty quickly. His reviews are poorly written. He comes across as an uneducated person when analysing his writing style. Hardly "amazing". What serious critic throws words like "fuck" around in his reviews? Roger Egbert is amazing, Jim Sterling is just a brat sharing his opinion online. 

He's asking people to donate money to him, how is that not a form of begging? It's also pretty obvious that the Youtube crowd doesn't care about quality if you look at how many subscribers people like Pewdiepie have. 

Humor us. Analyse his writing style and post your findings here in a manner that is enlightening and educated.

he cant stand that glorious 98

it is a shame for him he cant review oot and put their cod 2 an 11

FKIN FANBOY

bananaking21 said:
GoOnKid said:

I'm concluding this after reading this very thread and oberving that not only many people share the same opinion as I do, but there is also evidental fact that he is a nitpicky brat.