By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - ISIS is collapsing, war will end in 2017?

Mission accomplished.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Peh said:
It will never end until you kill every single one of them. If ISIS fails, a new group will form in the next years and go nuts.

Uh, that's not how terrorism works. It's not like there's a set number of them and when you kill them all terrorism stops.

Right, it's easier to cut their supply of resources and they will bleed out, but as long the US, Russia and every other nation out there won't stop resupplying them for blood money, nothing will change. It's plain business.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Eh, ISIS was never as powerful as people make it out to be. It's a group of crazies in the middle east who purposely take the blame for bad things to make them look bigger than they really are. They won't collapse because they're less of a group and more of a concept

Peh said:
VGPolyglot said:

Uh, that's not how terrorism works. It's not like there's a set number of them and when you kill them all terrorism stops.

Right, it's easier to cut their supply of resources and they will bleed out, but as long the US, Russia and every other nation out there won't stop resupplying them for blood money, nothing will change. It's plain business.

You also have to stop people from joining terrorist groups in the first place. Many of the people that joined the insurgency in the Iraq War, for example, were members of the Baathist party that the US put out fo the job when they liquidated it. The more desperate people are, the more they're willing to do to make a living.

Nothing will change. If you want to stop terrorism, you have to fight it at its root. Which would be Saudi-Arabia and Qatar in this case. But we wouldn't ever fight them or even have an argument about something. Because they are our "friends". Western politicians criticise Putin and Erdogan all day because of human rights, freedom of press and all. And don't get me wrong, those dudes give more than enough reasons for criticism. But in Saudi-Arabia things are way way worse in each and every regard. Women don't even have basic human rights there, people are getting slaughtered for no good reason at all, freedom of press is non-existant etc. Yet you see very VERY few politicians ever criticising that country.

I could rage all day about that topic, but everything has been said often enough by now. But whatever, war will go on, there are forces that want the war to continue because they profit heavily from it.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

War with Isis or their counterparts will never end as long as the likes of Saudi stop funding militia and political groups.

No according to their official magazine dabiq they will transfer
their war to Europe

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

No. If ISIS gets 'defeated', it's members will just disappear in the masses, waiting for the right moment for a terrorist attack, or maybe they will join another group. Muslim terrorism will stop when the idea of committing terrorist attacks in name of Allah stops.

Looking forward to the fall of ISIS but let's be realistic there will still be a lot of trouble in the middle east. Don't think it will be this bad again but you never get peace in the East for long.

Mar1217 said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Lol no. War will never end until the structure of society itself changes. 

Wouldn't the eradication of the human race be the only good solution ? Cuz as humans, we're fundamentaly always in conflicts with other people ideals and some of us respond in a  violent way which translate to war.

No, I don't think so at least. I think a lot of problems around the world stem from the illusion of wealth and what we are taught to value and how we are taught to value it. It seems like technology is only accelerating mans rapid downfall as we have been given more mediums of "entertainment" which as we know it today is largely a perpetual loop of conceitment and greed and selfishness. We idolize people for the wrong things, we watch tv shows that are sexist or racist or make jokes at the expense of others yet turn around and play victim once the barrier between media and reality is removed.  Its all deliberately backward to me. I don't think it's too late for humanity to correct its course, it just takes a powerful idea and a generation to stand behind it. We may only reach that point on the brink of total destruction but who knows. War is perpetual though. That's not gonna change until the world leaders change, or until we change.