By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier automata director wishes for PS VITA 2 or at least a smaller version of switch, which is a bit too big for him ( as a handheld console ) !

Bandorr said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Seriously? The size it has while you are playing with it is not important, the pòrtability comes from being able to transport it easily, the screen has the size of my hand open, it fits in any place, then the joycons are ridiculously little, they fit also in any place. When you wan to use it, you waste like 3 seconds attaching the controllers and Volilà. I mean even with the Joycons is not too big to carry, similar size than most tablets today, but without the joycons is quite tiny.

The "it is too big" is clearly intended for "to play handheld". Do you actually think his complaint of it being too big.. is because he wants to put it in his pocket? His complaint is just about pocket size?

"without the joycons" the system is unplayable. At least as far as handheld mode goes.

So unless the argument is "too big too put in your pocket" you have to leave the joycons attached.

What? x'D How is the Switch size a problem at all while you are playing it? If someone complains that is too big for a portable I obviously imagine he is talking about an inconvenience of the size to carry it around, not to an inconvenience to play it. Have you ever touched a Switch? Cause if he is suggesting that is too big to play on it then I think we can agree that's quite ridiculous, is notably more little than the WiiU gamepad.

Around the Network
Spade said:
Too bad we'll never see a Vita successor. Put it on Switch then :)

Its still possible especially as there have been rumours for a while (trinity)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I can't speak for Taro-san, but I've never put a portable system in my pocket. They always go in a hard case and then typically in a backpack or suitcase while I travel. The utility for me is being able to play away from a monitor or a power source. Nothing about the Switch prevents me from playing on a train or plane, or in line to buy tickets.

I think of Switch as more of an iPad than an iPhone: bulkier, yes, but still designed to be portable.

Bandorr said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What? x'D How is the Switch size a problem at all while you are playing it? If someone complains that is too big for a portable I obviously imagine he is talking about an inconvenience of the size to carry it around, not to an inconvenience to play it. Have you even touched a Switch? Cause to suggest is too big to play on it is quite ridiculous, is notably more little than the WiiU gamepad.

As yes how foolish of me. I forgot who I was talking to. The constant downplaying. The extreme need to condescend and insult. The general "lol I can't ever be wrong" attitude. The unwillingness to even for one moment assume there is a different view point.

I won't be making this mistake again I can assure you.

As for the thread I've already made my point several times. I'm not saying it is too big, I'm saying the director (you know the thread we are in right now) is saying it is too big for HIM to play.

Wow Yes sure Switch is too big to be played, sorry to think that statement is as nonsense as it gets.

If you are gonna behave like this for such a simple comment, then yes, move on and don't come back please, but certainly, I didn't pretend to be offensive at all, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Intrinsic said:
IsawYoshi said:
I would buy a sony handheld if it was like the vita (only more powerful) and actually had first party support. Sadly I'm not sure I trust sony in that regard when it comes to handhelds.

I wouldn't buy a sony handheld.... well, to be honest any handheld for that matter. Its just not how I play my games. I found this out when i bough a PSP and patapon from a duty free store at the airport before a flight and never played it after i got home. Ever.

That's fair. Personally I prefer playing on handhelds even when at home, although I have theorized this might be due to the fact that I have better eyesight up close. At any rate I think this depends much on what kind of person you are, but seing as I'm a student with a small room to live in and mostly use my bed as my sofa I love to be able to play games on handhelds. 

Around the Network

I would love a backwards compatible (PSP and Vita digital) Vita 2 that is also 4G and a cell phone. Use an updated PSPgo design.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Nem said:
SegataSanshiro said:

You are.

The Nile is a long river, but it eventually ends in the sea.

Would not be a post from you if it wasn't irreverent and nonsense.

I actually don't think Nintendo will do a refresh of the Switch until Nvidia is ready to put out the Tegra Xavier SoC. Battery life is always going to play a factor in any portable device and technology has stagnated in that area quite a bit.

SegataSanshiro said:
Nem said:

The Nile is a long river, but it eventually ends in the sea.

Would not be a post from you if it wasn't irreverent and nonsense.

I could say the same about yours due to their bias, but meh... i don't care. ^^

BraLoD said:
*grabs popcorn*

Salted?