By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nier automata director wishes for PS VITA 2 or at least a smaller version of switch, which is a bit too big for him ( as a handheld console ) !

Goodnightmoon said:

So, as the pics shows, without the joycons, Switch is not a lot bigger than a new 3ds or a Psvita, is not too big at all.

The Switch's screen alone is almost the same size as the entire Vita. I personally prefer larger screens, but i can totally understand why someone would consider the Switch too large.

Around the Network

While i quite liked the Vita for what it was, i hope Sony stay out of that market. Not only is it fairly unlikely they'll find much success there (even Nintendo with all their huge handheld IP haven't been able to resist the force mobile), but in general i'd rather they focus their efforts on their home consoles. It's been years since i played a handheld game i didn't wish were a home console title instead.

RolStoppable said:
Bandorr said:

The "it is too big" is clearly intended for "to play handheld". Do you actually think his complaint of it being too big.. is because he wants to put it in his pocket? His complaint is just about pocket size?

"without the joycons" the system is unplayable. At least as far as handheld mode goes.

So unless the argument is "too big too put in your pocket" you have to leave the joycons attached.

So Switch is too big to play.

Sigh... thats not the point he is making though. 

This is simply about the switch being too big as a dedicated handheld (as far as what handhelds are expected to be). And to fit that role it needs the joycon controllers so that will e taken into consideration when looking at its size. 

Its not abpout the switch being too big as a console or anything like that because its still smaller than most tablets out there and we don't see anyone saying those tablets aren't portable.

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

So, as the pics shows, without the joycons, Switch is not a lot bigger than a new 3ds or a Psvita, is not too big at all.

The Switch's screen alone is almost the same size as the entire Vita. I personally prefer larger screens, but i can totally understand why someone would consider the Switch too large.

I can too, if you are used to carry an old 3DS with you on your pocket, Switch is less portable for sure, you need to detach the controllers and you can't just put the screen in your pocket without something protecting it (I guess this is the same with PSVita thought), but I think to call it big is not true, when detached is just as big as a New Nintendo 3DS XL closed, that's perfectly portable, I see people carrying bigger devices on a daily basis

Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

I can too, if you are used to carry an old 3DS with you on your pocket, Switch is less portable for sure, you need to detach the controllers and you can't just put the screen in your pocket without something protecting it (I guess this is the same with PSVita thought), but I think to call it big is not true, when detached is just as big as a New Nintendo 3DS XL closed, that's perfectly portable, I see people carrying bigger devices on a daily basis

He could also be talking about its size while actually playing. My hands are quite big so i expect i'd find the Switch more comfortable (the Vita would give me cramps after a while), but my fiancee found even the 3DSXL too big. She'd absolutely consider the Switch too big, and no one can really say she's wrong for feeling that way. She knows what's comfortable to her a lot better than anyone else.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

He could also be talking about its size while actually playing. My hands are quite big so i expect i'd find the Switch more comfortable (the Vita would give me cramps after a while), but my fiancee found even the 3DSXL too big. She'd absolutely consider the Switch too big, and no one can really say she's wrong for feeling that way. She knows what's comfortable to her a lot better than anyone else.

I can't see that problem at all, Switch can be small for some hands, but too big? unless you are a kid I just don't see it, of course your fiancee will know better, but I had the console on my hands (which are kind of little for a man) and I just can't see how any adult would have that problem.

Goodnightmoon said:
Zekkyou said:

I can't see that problem at all, Switch can be small for some hands, but too big? unless you are a kid I just don't see it, of course your fiancee will know better, but I had the console on my hands (which are kind of little for a man) and I just can't see how any adult would have that problem.

It's fine if you don't understand, but a lack of personal understanding isn't grounds for something being untrue. There's a lot of physical variability with humans. Hell, i'm friends with someone whose 19 and is too short to go on half the rides at Thorpe park

Zekkyou said:
Goodnightmoon said:

It's fine if you don't understand, but a lack of personal understanding isn't grounds for something being untrue. There's a lot of physical variability with humans. Hell, i'm friends with someone whose 19 and is too short to go on half the rides at Thorpe park

I understand there are exceptions but just look the console on the hands of a little kid

Pic

You really need to have very little hands to have a problem with Switch, it doesn't look that big even on this child hands.

Now look it on the hands of an adult, its way smaller than it looks at first glance

Pic2

Switch is smaller than an iPad mini, it's roughly one third the size smaller, the's not much smaller it can really go tbh he's not making much sense with this statement because even as a dedicated portable the size is fine and in line with other devices for example without the JC the unit is actually roughly the same size as a Vita with the latter actually being slightly larger in width and the former slightly larger in height.

JCs don't add much size (they're actually quite small) and are customizable in how someone uses them as well to usher in an evolution in how someone plays on the go, maybe he hasn't had the chance to try the device yet but smaller size isn't really an issue people who bought it have as it's a lot smaller than what people expected.

Azuren said:
I would love a backwards compatible (PSP and Vita digital) Vita 2 that is also 4G and a cell phone. Use an updated PSPgo design.

Me Too.

I would actually prefer a PS4 Phone, but this would be just as good. As much as I love my 3G Vita and still use it as my phone to this day, the limits of 3G, the 20MB cap on downloading over mobile, the outdated Skype app, and the proprietary port are not optimal. Right now I would be happy with any PlayStation Mobile product with 4G, OS level Calling/Texting, and a USB C port. Having the ability to access PlayStation Vue, PlayStation Video, and PlayStation Music on the go without having to join the Android or iOS camp would be so nice.

Like I said earlier. I really hope Japanese Publishers put the pressure on Sony to make a new handheld. We need competition in the handheld and mobile space, because Vita, 3DS, Android, iOS, and Windows have been stagnant for way to long. It is time for a new evolution in mobile.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL