By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Seiken Densetsu ( Secret of Mania ) Collection announced for Switch

Tagged games:

Pinkie_pie said:
4800 yen is $43. I think its a fair price. But i doubt this will release in the west any time soon if not ever.

Aye when you consider the rarity and popularity of this series, getting the original of even just one of these games is likely to set you back that price... and then you'll have a SNES cart and not a game for the newest Nintendo platform which is also a portable machine rather than a 30 year old home console that won't look good on your old CRT.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Secret-of-Mana-Top-Role-game-RPG-Classic-for-Super-Nintendo-SNES-/222405582653?hash=item33c867df3d:g:JK4AAOSwKtlWn9KE

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
DarthMetalliCube said:

a GB game and 2 SNES games? for 45$ US?

Your phone can play these games, your tablet, your laptop/desktop ect.

Most people probably already have played these.

These are 22-26 years old games, its crazy their not sold for like 1-2$ each on virtual console.

That said Seiken Densetsu 2,3 are still decent games today.

But you can get them off a rom site for free, and play them on any device.

That 45$ price tag nintendo put on these is kinda nuts.

OdinHades said:
Not even remastered? I'll pass. Already got the originals, no point in buying them again.

Remastering these games would cost a pretty penny.

Putting 3 small roms on a cart, costs them next to nothing in work / effort.

twintail said:
Ganoncrotch said:

This is pretty awesome in terms of future Switch games to look forward to I think.

Rom dumps that could easily be VC releases are indicative of future Switch games to look for to?

Even Rom dumps of a SNES carts like this would be awesome when you consider there is netcode gone into running Secret of Mana on 3 switches Multiplayer so it clearly has to have some work done to allow that to be possible regarding where the save for the game is stored etc because if you played that game, it isn't like PSO multiplayer or so.

And I more mean game interest from SQ dumping their games onto the platform with some work because they see there is money to be had on it. Just meant it as games from third parties in general. And yeah I think Secret of Mana would still be in my top 10 games of all times so for me it has more merit I guess.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Never played any secret of Mana games, but the boxart is gorgeous.
I love gameboy games and 2d rpgs so this should be right up my alley. I wonder where the VC is though?

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
OdinHades said:
Not even remastered? I'll pass. Already got the originals, no point in buying them again.

Remastering these games would cost a pretty penny.

Putting 3 small roms on a cart, costs them next to nothing in work / effort.

Well, they are asking almost for full price, so I certainly can expect a little effort, can't I? I'm not asking for a full remake. But 1080p assets would be nice, a modern soundtrack, stuff like that. Nothing too mind-boggling. 

But anyway, I always have the option of not buying, which I'm using here. For ROMs I'll just wait until the switch is hacked. Shouldn't be too long. =P

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

That box art is POPPIN! HOLY!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

JRPGfan said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

These are 22-26 years old games, its crazy their not sold for like 1-2$ each on virtual console.

You realize that it is exactly why it is priced likle this? They know it will only sell to fans and collectors, not to people who never played the game before or who want to play the game the cheapest way possible.  

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

JRPGfan said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

How can you promote piracy so casually?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
JRPGfan said:

How can you promote piracy so casually?

Im being realistic. Im saying if they sold it for 1-2$ on VC, people wouldnt pirate it nearly as much.

Instead of a small hardcore fanbase buying it at 45$, if they sold each title for 2$, they would sell like 100 times more of these games.

"How can you promote piracy so casually?"

I didnt, I said it was going to happy with this price.

So "how can you blatantly ignore, price's effect on piracy?" I ask you instead.