By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Annoying things gamers say

"I personally don't like xy game feature = general lazy game design."

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

When people make sales predictions that are simply based on what they want a product to sell and act as if their dream was totally based in reality. Sales discussions should be based on evidence and data in my opinion and that's what makes vgchartz so much fun.

Unfortunately, it regularly devolves into senseless hype or fear-mongering. We had threads back in the PS3 days asking if the console would outsell the Gamecube, people calling the PSP a fail, etc. Then things changed next generation and now the Switch was obviously going to sell less than 20m units to some people (because reasons). Also, "the casualz have gone!" and "the Wii was a fad!".

And just for the record: If the Switch sells like mad I fully expect predictions to go full circle (i.e. "Switch 2 will sell 250m units!").

"Xbox doesn't have any exclusives"

okr said:
"So many awesome games coming, my poor wallet".

I bet most people who say this buy 2 games per year and hope that the rest of those games will be added to their subscription library sooner or later.

This one made me laugh!

Reminds of a YouTube gamer who always bragged about 1080p or 3D gaming last gen. Showed his game setup and had like a 10 inch TV!  

The OP might wanna change the title from "gamer" to "fanboy". Only fanboys complain about the console/company/etc. Most of my gamer friends never give a **** about that.

Ofc I might be just in the minority.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

Around the Network

"Indies don't count" or "Indies aren't real games." I also find it a bit annoying when Indies (or other types of games) are referred to as genres.

Sure, your console got (insert beloved franchise) but my console got (insert ripoff or completely different game)

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

"Day One"

I don't get this, mainly as it sounds like something publishers use to get you to buy things (day one edition, aka you buy it when it comes out like you've always done), where did it come from?

Hmm, pie.

I hate it when people try to force me to play games I know I won't like, I have a very simple taste and I know what I want but people often try to sway me to buy this or that game.... I gave in once or twice and those games have never been finished lol.

Also I hate people who compare Console gaming to PC gaming or try to "prove" its better, which it might be, but graphically etc its always a useless conversation, but people keep insisting.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Captain_Yuri said:

Ass > Bewbs

That's more of an anime thing. Also ass > boobs.

OT :

- Games were better before

- DLCs  are gaming's cancer

- Final Fantasy is shit now (Read : I only enjoyer PS1 FFs)

- Anime games are trash (I know it I played that one Naruto game once. What do you mean this game has nothing to do with anime ?! This character totally looks manga)

- I only buy physical games because digital only is trash and it's destroying the industry