By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Warner Confirms Matrix Reboot in the Works

Tagged games:

I love the movies but not a fan of keanu being cast as Neo. I can't wait to see what they can do for the reboot.

Around the Network

Really? The original isn't even that old yet.

The Matrix was an incredibly well crafted film that still holds up very well today from a technichal standpoint, and the sequels were flawed, but decent movies that wrapped up the story just fine. There is absolutely no need for a reboot.

Why can't get new worlds to explore? Everyone is rebooting everything.

Why remake it..? Anyway, It's interesting they're going back to the original draft of having a black actor play Neo. I remember how Will Smith was originally supposed to play Neo but turned down the offer. Anyway... if a remake MUST be done, then it had better be good

Around the Network

I could get behind this if they focus on the plot instead of trying to just make it an action movie. It could be very intriguing to see more from within the Matrix before the protagonist realizes that it isn't real. However, if they just turn it into an excuse to have 25 action scenes all in a row, then even if the action is good, the movie will feel like it's lacking a soul.

Shadow8 said:
Keanu in some way better show up.

Agent Smith.

A bad idea (doing a remake) and use a bad actor for the most well acted character from the originals.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Ka-pi96 said:
Why? The Matrix isn't even that old!

This times forever, what the actual fuck.

Athough I guess we are on the third reboot of spider man films in a decade.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

binary solo said:
Shadow8 said:
Keanu in some way better show up.

Agent Smith.

A bad idea (doing a remake) and use a bad actor for the most well acted character from the originals.

Lets be honest, this is going to be fucking terrible regardless of who is in it.

Still going to make bank at the box office though. Name alone insures that.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Boutros said:
Anything but a reboot/remake. A spin-off would be perfect.

This....there is nothing wrong with revisiting the world and exploring similar themes. But we can do another part of this world and not rehash Neo's shit. Between this, the Harry Potter and DCEU properties, something tells me WB just has no idea what the fuck made these properties successful in the first place.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi