By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Warner Confirms Matrix Reboot in the Works

Tagged games:

No, no, no. Both the gaming and movie industry are going to be living off of 50% reboots and remakes soon, this is not a positive development. If you keep rebooting classics, you're basically saying that the original isn't good enough, either for a modern audience or overall, either way it's kind of an insult towards awesome entertainment through the ages.

Around the Network

Lets do a reboot of a classic, where the actor was basically made for the role.
Its a cult movie too, people will be wary of any new version.

Oh and lets not get the orginal authors involed in anyway..... what could go wrong?

Also lets hire a actor thats black, to carry around machine guns and kill 1,000 of people in a movie.

What could go wrong?

Imo this is a mistake.

i dont mind a remake but I hope they dont cast a black person for the main role... its not a token kind of role.

Disaster in the making...

Ka-pi96 said:
Why? The Matrix isn't even that old!

The Matrix was released in 1999. Some of the CGI effects are starting to show it's age... But no way is it ready for a reboot yet. (I'm not sure how they could replace Keanu Reeves, he is was the perfect actor for that role.)

With that... Spiderman was released in 2002 with the last movie in that trilogy dropping in 2007... Then they rebooted it with The Amazing Spiderman in 2012 and it's sequel in 2014... And they are rebooting it AGAIN this year with Spiderman: Homecoming.

I would rather they worked on new movie franchisses, not just endless reboots.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

A reboot sounds like it's bound to fail. I don't see how they could match the first series.

taus90 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

It could be worse, it could be Spider-man for like the 7th time in 15 years. Sony is squeezing that franchise dry.

i dont think u understand what a remake or reboot is.. by my calculation in 15 years they have rebooted the franchise twice. andrew and tom... where did u get 7 number. Or did u not understand Ka-pi96's concern.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

1. exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

VGPolyglot said:
taus90 said:

i dont think u understand what a remake or reboot is.. by my calculation in 15 years they have rebooted the franchise twice. andrew and tom... where did u get 7 number. Or did u not understand Ka-pi96's concern.

hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

OMG you used google and grammer!! now i have to back off..

Still not a great example to qualify as hyperbol, would have made sense if u had exagerrated the actual culprit of the reboots.. Xmen series. U might even have pulled it off as a sarcasm.

taus90 said:
VGPolyglot said:
hy·per·bo·le
hīˈpərbəlē/
noun

OMG you used google and grammer!! now i have to back off..

Still not a great example to qualify as hyperbol, would have made sense if u had exagerrated the actual culprit of the reboots.. Xmen series. U might even have pulled it off as a sarcasm.

I'm not even the one that made the original statement! I'm just telling you that what he said was not meant to be taken literally.

Moac said:
i dont mind a remake but I hope they dont cast a black person for the main role... its not a token kind of role.

The role of Neo was originally offered to Will Smith, who turned it down to star in Wild Wild West.  

I'd prefer the studio take existing ideas and rework them, like the Matrix did with Ghost in the Shell and Dark City.  Nothing is wholly original these days, but far better than just remaking/rebooting so many intellectual properties.