By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Warner Confirms Matrix Reboot in the Works

Tagged games:

Boutros said:
Anything but a reboot/remake. A spin-off would be perfect.

Agree. A spin off would be interesting. Put an average joe, not a messiah figure trying to escape the matrix or something: it´s a movie.

Reboot is disrespectful (Ghostbusters 2016) when done in a agressive way or mediocre when done with fear(Total Recall )

One way to do it is a soft reboot-spin off, like the new EVIL DEAD, which was pretty decent.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network
Shikamo said:

A Mistake....

Sources say there is potential interest in Michael B. Jordan to star, but much must be done before the project is ready to go. 

At this point, the Wachowski siblings, who wrote and directed the original and its two sequels, are not involved and the nature of their potential engagement with a new version has not been determined. Certainly, Warners would want the two filmmakers to give at minimum a blessing to the nascent project. The studio had no comment.

Source:

Their last movie was Jupiter Ascending? Those two lost their touch after the original Matrix, I think.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

CaptainExplosion said:
Gee, another reboot. And why not? I mean, it's not like the modern reboots of Ghostbusters, RoboCop or Fantastic 4 have been utter failures.

While they're at it why not do something like make a Batman/Superman movie that's needlessly gritty and Batman's a total asshole? Or a DC movie that promotes the Joker rigorously but he's only there for just a few minutes? Those are good ideas, right? Doy?!

I liked Rococop.

Nautilus said:
I would much rather prefered that it was more of a sequel, that happens far away in the fututre, enough that it had little to do with the original trilogy.I just wanted them to keep the original story intact.

I thought they destroyed the evil aliens in the 3rd. After the first everything became silly =(

vivster said:
COKTOE said:
Gross. I vowed to kill myself once this happens. So now I have to back out of a suicide pact, AND see this atrocity unfold.

You don't really have to do either of those things.

:) You might be the best comedian to come out of Germany since Funnybot.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
Shikamo said:

A Mistake....

Sources say there is potential interest in Michael B. Jordan to star, but much must be done before the project is ready to go. 

At this point, the Wachowski siblings, who wrote and directed the original and its two sequels, are not involved and the nature of their potential engagement with a new version has not been determined. Certainly, Warners would want the two filmmakers to give at minimum a blessing to the nascent project. The studio had no comment.

Source:

Their last movie was Jupiter Ascending? Those two lost their touch after the original Matrix, I think.

They've been working on Sense8 for Netflix, which is about to release its second season in May.  It's been a big hit, and they've definitely done a really good job with it.

taus90 said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

It could be worse, it could be Spider-man for like the 7th time in 15 years. Sony is squeezing that franchise dry.

i dont think u understand what a remake or reboot is.. by my calculation in 15 years they have rebooted the franchise twice. andrew and tom... where did u get 7 number. Or did u not understand Ka-pi96's concern.

And where did I write it was a reboot or remake? I said it was like 7 movies in 15 years! You are literally reading something I didn't write. My apologies if I offended a make belief superhero! Relax dude it's not like I said the movies sucked chrome off bumpers, which they did!

Gaming Away Life Since 1985

Ka-pi96 said:
Why? The Matrix isn't even that old!

Yo'll be saying the same thing. When Harry Potter gets remade.

glimmer_of_hope said:
taus90 said:

i dont think u understand what a remake or reboot is.. by my calculation in 15 years they have rebooted the franchise twice. andrew and tom... where did u get 7 number. Or did u not understand Ka-pi96's concern.

And where did I write it was a reboot or remake? I said it was like 7 movies in 15 years! You are literally reading something I didn't write. My apologies if I offended a make belief superhero! Relax dude it's not like I said the movies sucked chrome off bumpers, which they did!

There's only been 5 Spider-Man movies. What are you counting extra? The Avengers guest appearance? That's still 6. I wouldn't count crossovers, as there movie. Because that be Cap, iron man, ant-man etc. movie too. Also, if they got a story and character to work right. There wouldn't of been that many reboots. It would of been Toby or Andrew for those 5. It's a movie, every 2 years. Like every other main property. Star Trek TOS had 6 films in 12 years. Dec 1979 to Dec 1991.

Possible other plots they could cover instead, based on the original movie trilogy:

Prequels
1. The not so distant future where true AI begins and evolves.
2. The battle for freedom/supremacy, humans vs machines.
3. The creation of The Matrix, alpha, beta, v1.0 and v2.0

4. The Matrix 3.0
5. 3.0 Reloaded
6. 3.0 Revolutions

7. The Matrix 4.0
8. 4.0 Reloaded
9. 4.0 Revolutions

10. The Matrix 5.0
11. 5.0 Reloaded
12. 5.0 Revolutions

13. The Matrix 6.0 Morpheus' complete backstory
14. The Matrix 6.0 Trinity's complete backstory
15. The Matrix 6.0 Neo's complete backstory

Sequels (one of many possibilities)
16. The Matrix 7.0
17. 7.0 BSOD
18. 7.0 Revelation

Offshoots (possibilities)
19. Neo wasn't really the One?
20. The machine world isn't truly the real world?
21. The machines are actually saving humanity not suppressing them?

The amount of possible offshoots and potential sequels is mind boggling. Why reboot?

mizzou_guy said:
WagnerPaiva said:

They've been working on Sense8 for Netflix, which is about to release its second season in May.  It's been a big hit, and they've definitely done a really good job with it.

Oh yes, forgot about Sense8. I do not like it, but you are right, people do enjoy it.