By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dual Analog Aiming Sucks, Hail Motion Aiming

I agree, after playing shooters with a mouse and keyboard, trying to aim with sticks is a chore for me.

I love motion controls for aiming in Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2 (I got to demo it), and Gravity Rush.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Yep, motion controls for aiming is, imo, vast superior. I honestly believe that a lot of people bash motion controls without giving them an honest try.

Ultrashroomz said:
I agree, after playing shooters with a mouse and keyboard, trying to aim with sticks is a chore for me.

I love motion controls for aiming in Zelda BOTW, Splatoon 2 (I got to demo it), and Gravity Rush.

The analog camera control in Gravity Rush sucks pretty bad. I had to adjust the settings quite a bit to make it somewhat good, but it is still the most annoying part about the game. Still love the game though. I just hope they have improved the camera for GR2. Would probably make it a potential Goty candidate for me.

Normally, I don't want motion control, but with the Switch specifically in BoTW, it actually helps you aim more than you could using the physical stick. It's amazing, actually.

vivster said:
I would've quit BOTW already if it didn't have motion aiming.

Funny because I would have quit the game already if it forced me to USE them. Motion controls for me are cancer. You can't get them away quick enough lol.

Around the Network

VR shoot where you look is the best for me

because its more easier than analog and more stable than motion controller pointer

I've been thinking the exact same thing lately. Aiming with motion controls is so much faster and easier in Zelda. Same with Splatoon. Dual analog seems sluggish by comparison.

I sadly cannot use motion aiming, hands shake too much. Works way better if I am quick shooting, but if I sniping, well I need to use the dual analog. 

From the little time I played on my friend's Switch... BotW should have also implemented motion selection for the arrows. Instead of using the awkardly placed right stick, tried to do a simple tilt on the device but nothing happened, I think that would make it a quick and easy way to pick your arrows.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

RolStoppable said:
Maybe I should give it a shot. I disabled the option right away in Zelda. I wasn't a fan of motion aiming in other games. Both Skyward Sword and Splatoon annoyed me because I couldn't use an IR pointer.

It's not like stick aiming is a good solution, but it feels less confusing than combining stick and motion.

Tbh, it took me some time to get used to stick+gyro. My approach is using the right stick for a general marking of enemies, then use the gyro for more precise aiming. I know that sounds obvious probably, but I know some people who tries to only use gyro controls, and... well, I think that if you don't use both is not very comfortable. At least in my personal experience with them.