By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game do you think will be GOTY 2008?

I say Wii Fit, but I know that the hardcore gaming press would never consider a title as casual as this for GOTY, despite its innovative strengths. They tend to evaluate casual games using a hardcore criteria.

From the hardcore camp, there are just too many contenders. The obvious ones are Mario Kart, Brawl, GTA4 and MGS4. E3 will reveal some more candidates too.

Around the Network

MGS4

ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
Wii Fit is not a game? How come you play games with it then? Home doesn't allow you to play games.

OT: Probably MGS4 and/or SSBB. But my likely PERSONAL GotY will be Tales of Symhponia: DotNW.

If you manage to somehow get your hands on the ps2 collection, trust me you will make MGS4 your goty even if you dont play it.

You're new to the series, you couldn't possibly know that MGS2 is godaweful.

Anyway, I won't comment on GotY, those are opinions. I will comment on which games this year will rank highest on metacritic and gamerankings.

Spore

Brawl

GTA IV

MGS IV

LBP

Wait, whaaaa?

MGS2 is a great game.

Although you did write 'aweful'...so maybe you meant it's full of awe?

MGS4 and GTA4 both have great chances . GoW2 will not get the praises the first one had IMO , not for only 2 years of work ... Ninja Gaiden 2 will be great , but far from GotY . LIttleBig Planet could become a surprise hit to . And if Final Fantasy Dissidia comes out .... ( just an old PSP fans dream ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

PS3=MGS 4

Around the Network

I think Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures to PC

*~Onna76~* said:
Probably WII Fit for the WII, MGS4 for the PS3, 360... not sure. Depsite the fact that everyone thinks Brawl will win it, its the "innovation" that will make WII Fit win.

Your getting MGS4   

mM
ZenfoldorVGI said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
Wii Fit is not a game? How come you play games with it then? Home doesn't allow you to play games.

OT: Probably MGS4 and/or SSBB. But my likely PERSONAL GotY will be Tales of Symhponia: DotNW.

If you manage to somehow get your hands on the ps2 collection, trust me you will make MGS4 your goty even if you dont play it.

You're new to the series, you couldn't possibly know that MGS2 is godaweful.

Anyway, I won't comment on GotY, those are opinions. I will comment on which games this year will rank highest on metacritic and gamerankings.

Spore

Brawl

GTA IV

MGS IV

LBP

So what if Im new to the series? I already beat MGS2, and all I have to say it had better bosses than MGS1 thats for sure.

You guys just diding like the story near the end, and didnt like that strut place. Its all good though, it was still a good game.

mM

June 12 will see the hot favorite for GOTY 2008 released on the PS3.
MGS 4. Forget the rest buy MGS 4 now.

It is just too early for this question!