By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Long awaited CrowbCat' Switch exposing video.

Ouch, well after that i'm cancelling my hunt for a nintendo switch to buy. I'll skip it and wait on the PC release of Zelda... That's the only game I wanted to play anyway.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Lawlight said:

You're just unlucky with your PS2s. Mine never broke.

And again no point in comparing console with extensive multimedia capabilities and more complex OS with basic systems.

I posted this story multiple times but here's my experience (short version):

PS1 broke twice. PS2 broke three times. Decided I wouldn't risk $600 on a PS3. Bought an Xbox 360. Xbox broke twice! 

I take great care of my stuff so I guess I'm cursed. Never had a problem with Nintendo, though--aside from the fact that DS hinges are made from eggshells.

Yeah, pretty similar to my own experience. Weirdly enough, two of my friends also had to buy another PS2 because of the laser lense or DRE problems. We also comment how our experiences with Nintendo consoles were more smoothly. They had some crashes with the WiiU pre-update, but that's about it. It was a pretty smooth experience with Ninty consoles in the last 20 years. So people have to forgive me if I trust more Ninty than other companies in hardware issues. My personal experience is what it is XD. 

Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:
It happens with every console launch, guys. As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo consoles usually have the lowest fail-ratio, so I give them the benefit of the doubt unless I'm proving wrong.

Only because their systems are so basic and lack a lot of functionality.

Eh dude,Game Boy survived a grenade. Gamecube was a tank and could take a severe beating. Gamecube was the second most powerful system of it's gen.  Was only until Wii in consoles did they cut on power. The original DS when I worked at Gamestop I had these guys come in who a month before climbed Mt Everest. When they went they took a bunch of stuff Dell Laptops and other equipment. Only the DS survived. DS was not basic then. Sure less powerful than PSP but still had Wifi in it and a touch screen which was novel then. Xbox 360 a $400 console at that time didn't have Wifi. N64 was pretty powerful in it's day and again a damn tank. PS1 had a high fail rate. Nintendo just typically builds things really well.

thismeintiel said:

If Nintendo fans put up with Nintendo telling consumers they're on their own when it comes to dead pixels, they deserve Nintendo going 3rd party, or worse.

What kind of logic is that? An absence of it?

And, if we want to get anecdotal here, two of my iPads and both my iPhone 6 and 7 Plus have had dead pixels. This is not a Nintendo exclusive issue nor is it one that Nintendo condones and every other tech manufacturer fixes. If people want to complain about something, complain about the JoyCons. That was a true oversight.

squibbfire said:
I agree...but every poll has a little bias risk...I was hoping to hear actual stories in the comments and possible get an idea on whether I should buy or wait a year. It makes no sense to offer to have a poll and then take one down.

Is too bad your thread got locked as it was different, but I guess we can't have hundreds of Switch malfuntion treads. I can add a poll, I think, but what should I ask:

Did you had problems with your switch? or, What are your thoughts on the Switch build cuality? The second question is more inclusive, for those who don't have a switch.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
thismeintiel said:

If Nintendo fans put up with Nintendo telling consumers they're on their own when it comes to dead pixels, they deserve Nintendo going 3rd party, or worse.

And, if we want to get anecdotal here, two of my iPads and both my iPhone 6 and 7 Plus have had dead pixels. This is not a Nintendo exclusive issue nor is it one that Nintendo condones and every other tech manufacturer fixes. If people want to complain about something, complain about the JoyCons. That was a true oversight.

Apple isn't a company that you should bring up for comparison, considering they have a no tolerance policy on their phones for dead pixels.  Other companies have different standards for replacing them, most will anyway, but none have ever acted like its just normal to have them and that it shouldn't be seen as a defect of the screen.  And Nintendo replaced consoles with dead pixels when it came to their other handhelds, so this is still a step back for them.

I'm amazed Nintendo didn't even use an OLED screen, I mean even Vita launched with an OLED screen, and as far as I know every phone and tablet have been using them for years. ESPECIALLY since an OLED screen would give it a much longer battery life. It's not like they're selling it for $199 either.

People saying Nintendo's attitude to dead pixels is normal don't get it.
Other companies have a policy that says X dead pixels is grounds for replacement. (and for some X=1)
Nintendo doesn't have any such policy, they just refuse to issue replacements no matter the # of dead pixels.
That isn't a normal policy.

The dock design is flat out defective. I mean, they should probably use Gorilla Glass anyways but the design sucks.
The screen doesn't actually go to corners of device. So the dock should have "bumpers" at the edge which will
ensure the dock touches tablet at the edge and can never touch (and scratch) the screen itself. Basic obvious solution.
(EDIT: Or the tablet itself could have the bumpers millimeters above screen to ensure dock can't touch screen when inserted)
(EDIT2: That has the added benefit of protecting the screen when outside the dock and you place it facing down on table etc)

NintendoPie said:
thismeintiel said:

I bought a tablet from Samsung, and unfortunately the only dead pixel was smack in the middle. I was irritated to see it wouldn't be replaced, but oh well.

People act like Nintendo is some NWO crap lol. Calm down people, Nintendo isn't trying to take over the world by pointing out they don't have the time to make every screen perfect

The guys a asshole , every system has issues at launch. Of all the systems though , Nintendo historically has the most rock solid systems. Still if u buy a system at launch issues can arise , some are hardware based, others are people being downright stupid. For example, when ppl were moving launch 360 systems when the system was on with disk inside and said it scratched their disk, we'll no shit sherlock.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1