By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Long awaited CrowbCat' Switch exposing video.

squibbfire said:
Saw some dad and his son talk to the customer service at best buy about this video on Monday...they are were watching it on the register screen...

Is that fine with BestBuy? It seems to be the kind of thing I would fire someone if I was in charge.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
FunFan said:
squibbfire said:
Saw some dad and his son talk to the customer service at best buy about this video on Monday...they are were watching it on the register screen...

Is that fine with BestBuy? It seems to be the kind of thing I would fire someone if I was in charge.

Seriously, that's like showing cars exploding or driving off cliffs to a parent as they buy a car for their kid.

Johnw1104 said:
FunFan said:

Seriously, that's like showing cars exploding or driving off cliffs to a parent as they buy a car for their kid.

I believe they were returning a switch. sorry let me clarify ...the CUSTOMERS were showing it to the best buy employee.

squibbfire said:
Johnw1104 said:

I believe they were returning a switch. sorry let me clarify ...the CUSTOMERS were showing it to the best buy employee.

oh ok my bad haha

If my car exploded you can be damn sure I'd be showing evidence to the manufacturers in court, so I don't blame them.

squibbfire said:
Johnw1104 said:

On the register monitor? That is still a misuse.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

That's a lot of views.

KLAMarine said:
That's a lot of views.

I hope it doesn't dissuade people... as someone who has had plenty of experience with strange console issues (the fan on my Wii U was faulty making it extremely loud and prone to overheating, my PS3 just stopped booting up within a few months and had to be sent in, and I suppose I should mention that THREE Xbox360's stopped working throughout its run for me) I certainly have no issue with people sharing their problems and these frustrating issues are absolutely valid (if I'd gotten home and Zelda wouldn't start I might have cried), but I think the proliferation of internet/social media/youtube etc has really painted overly negative pictures of hardware and games lately.

The exceptions, being the most clickbaity visually interesting, are taken to be the norm by many. Given how wide the scope of experiences Nintendo was planning to provide here and how complex the complete design was, I'd say they've seriously stuck the landing. I can't recall the last console that had more things that could go wrong than this one, given how many moving parts and intended uses it has.

Johnw1104 said:
KLAMarine said:
That's a lot of views.

I hope it doesn't dissuade people... as someone who has had plenty of experience with strange console issues (the fan on my Wii U was faulty making it extremely loud and prone to overheating, my PS3 just stopped booting up within a few months and had to be sent in, and I suppose I should mention that THREE Xbox360's stopped working throughout its run for me) I certainly have no issue with people sharing their problems and these frustrating issues are absolutely valid (if I'd gotten home and Zelda wouldn't start I might have cried), but I think the proliferation of internet/social media/youtube etc has really painted overly negative pictures of hardware and games lately.

The exceptions, being the most clickbaity visually interesting, are taken to be the norm by many. Given how wide the scope of experiences Nintendo was planning to provide here and how complex the complete design was, I'd say they've seriously stuck the landing. I can't recall the last console that had more things that could go wrong than this one, given how many moving parts and intended uses it has.

It is what it is. Nintendo Switch has been a big mover of online discourse, both positive and negative. Even when it was known as the NX, I recall all the NX threads it was driving up here on this site.

squibbfire said:

How would this happen?

KLAMarine said:
Johnw1104 said:

It is what it is. Nintendo Switch has been a big mover of online discourse, both positive and negative. Even when it was known as the NX, I recall all the NX threads it was driving up here on this site.

Yeah, it seems to work itself out. One thing I've noticed is that many of these problems for games and consoles get a ton of attention initially, but if they really are exceptions it doesn't seem to have a lasting impact as people stop talking about them; exceptions only hold an interest when they're initially discovered, essentially. If it remains a highly discussed topic, chances are enough people are dealing with it that said videos/articles are still drawing interest, and the problem deserves that attention.

I suppose for we enthusiasts who actually visit gaming forums and such it can seem like a big deal, but your average person won't care one way or the other unless it's impacting said average consumer. I just wish we could skip the initial vinegar and mocking, but I suppose that's just human nature lol