By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Long awaited CrowbCat' Switch exposing video.

Volterra_90 said:
It happens with every console launch, guys. As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo consoles usually have the lowest fail-ratio, so I give them the benefit of the doubt unless I'm proving wrong.

Only because their systems are so basic and lack a lot of functionality.

User is moderated for this post - Aura7541

Around the Network

At the risk of sounding fanboyish, I think that everyone is always out to try and find the next bendgate or exploding Samsung Galaxy phone.

Modern day "tech journalism" leads to a lot of mountains being made of molehills.

Lawlight said:

A red-ringed 360 lacked 100% of it's functionality. 

In 2011, my PS3 lacked online functionality for 23 straight days. I did get the additional functionality of having my personally identifiable information exposed though so that was nice.

Also the blu-ray drive broke. 

My Wii did everything that it did on launch day as effectively as it did on launch day for the entireity of the Wii's life.

So pros and cons I guess.

Who's crowbat?

But anyway, is there vids of people smashing the switch, or doing drop tests?

Don't each new releases of consoles, phones, ect always have people buy them for the purpose of destroying them in some way to upset people or get clicks.

You know the guys who wait in line at an Apple launch and then smash it in front of people who were too far back in line.

Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:
It happens with every console launch, guys. As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo consoles usually have the lowest fail-ratio, so I give them the benefit of the doubt unless I'm proving wrong.

This comes from before gaming systems were... multimedia devices. I had to purchase 3 PS2 because they haven't last two years. I had that infamous Red Ring of Death on my brother's 360. My PS4 froze as hell on launch date, and it still does some random memory checks and reboots. Never had a single issue with a Ninty console before. I really loved all the consoles I had, I've played tons of great software in them. But in my personal experience, Nintendo consoles were pretty robust, and I never had any problem with them. That could change, but they gave me zero reasons to be skeptical about console's issues.

Around the Network
specialk said:
Lawlight said:

A red-ringed 360 lacked 100% of it's functionality. 

In 2011, my PS3 lacked online functionality for 23 straight days. I did get the additional functionality of having my personally identifiable information exposed though so that was nice.

Also the blu-ray drive broke. 

My Wii did everything that it did on launch day as effectively as it did on launch day for the entireity of the Wii's life.

So pros and cons I guess.

Lacking online functionality for 21 days is still better than lacking online functionality for months like in the Switch's case. And none of your identifiable information that isn't in the yellow pages.

Also, why does your anecdotal evidence matter? Because I could also say that my PS3 is in its 9th and showing no sign of breaking.

The Switch doesn't even have Netflix - the most basic of apps. It doesn't even begin to compare with regards to features on the PS3 or PS4. 

Volterra_90 said:
Lawlight said:

This comes from before gaming systems were... multimedia devices. I had to purchase 3 PS2 because they haven't last two years. I had that infamous Red Ring of Death on my brother's 360. My PS4 froze as hell on launch date, and it still does some random memory checks and reboots. Never had a single issue with a Ninty console before. I really loved all the consoles I had, I've played tons of great software in them. But in my personal experience, Nintendo consoles were pretty robust, and I never had any problem with them. That could change, but they gave me zero reasons to be skeptical about console's issues.

You're just unlucky with your PS2s. Mine never broke.

And again no point in comparing console with extensive multimedia capabilities and more complex OS with basic systems.

Lucky for me, the only device I've ever had with a Dead pixel was my PSP way back in '09. It was a big deal when the PSP launched (that device was way ahead of its time. We didn't deserve such greatness.) but by the time I got one, I'd forgotten about it.

Sucks for anyone that has one. I know it annoyed the hell out of me for months before I finally got used to it.

Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:

You're just unlucky with your PS2s. Mine never broke.

And again no point in comparing console with extensive multimedia capabilities and more complex OS with basic systems.

I posted this story multiple times but here's my experience (short version):

PS1 broke twice. PS2 broke three times. Decided I wouldn't risk $600 on a PS3. Bought an Xbox 360. Xbox broke twice! 

I take great care of my stuff so I guess I'm cursed. Never had a problem with Nintendo, though--aside from the fact that DS hinges are made from eggshells.

i love crowbcat but this was one of his most mediocre imo