By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Seal Clubbing is a sick tradition and it must end!

monocle_layton said:
Ps3 said:

And you're educated on this subject? YEAH OKAY! You haven't provided one thing anyone has agreed with yet. Yet many have agreed with me. HAHA!

Yeah, I'm not even gonna continue.

Almost everyone has agreed that those who simply kill a seal and eat it (such as inuits) do not bring any sort of problem.

Besides, why should I care if everyone agrees with you? Should we now switch our mindsets due to us being against the supposed majority? You must be a mindless dumbass to think appealing to the majority magically makes you smarter or superior in any shape or form.

The more I think about it, that's what the majority of your posts are. I thought I created garbage threads when I was a troll, and yet you seem to have surpassed me. Post after post, you've done nothing but use fallacy after fallacy. You respond in the same manner as well.

If you can't seem to understand the food chain and think it's a matter up for debate, then this thread doesn't even deserve to stay up.

Because you know I'm right, and that's why you're resulting to name calling. You were called out, and made a fool of, and don't know what to do. If you can't handle facts, or a debate with factual information, then perhaps you shouldn't be a member here

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

BUY TAYLOR'S NEW ALBUM REPUTATION!!

Around the Network
DroidKnight said:
monocle_layton said:

Almost everyone has agreed that those who simply kill a seal and eat it (such as inuits) do not bring any sort of problem.

Besides, why should I care if everyone agrees with you? Should we now switch our mindsets due to us being against the supposed majority? You must be a mindless dumbass to think appealing to the majority magically makes you smarter or superior in any shape or form.

The more I think about it, that's what the majority of your posts are. I thought I created garbage threads when I was a troll, and yet you seem to have surpassed me. Post after post, you've done nothing but use fallacy after fallacy. You respond in the same manner as well.

If you can't seem to understand the food chain and think it's a matter up for debate, then this thread doesn't even deserve to stay up.

^This.

You just became a member on these forums. lol

Reputation proceeds me, they told you I'm crazy, I swear I don't love the drama it loves me <3

Ps3 said:

So you admit, there are people who do it for for fun!

Well, there are things you can make. Why not take a drive to town once in a blue moon? Buy some canned goods. How about some breads or something else? It's cause they're lazy and evil and use it as an excuse to pick on the weak.

They are in fact raped of their fur, and they are beat to death.  Yes, they are ripped of their fur while they're still alive. Do some reading on the subject. Most of the time they are still breathing while their bodies lay on the ice without fur.

So it's a joke because I'm standing up with facts? YEAH OKAY! Seal clubbing is sick and anyone who does it needs help.

Yes of cource some are hunting it for fun. Just not the ones you are accusing of doing it, not to mention that the ones hunting it for fun aren't clubbing it to death with spiked baseball bats. 

Take a drive to town? Do you even know the distances up in the artic? Not to mention that many of the ones living the traditional way have no way of fast transportation. Most have snowmobiles though, but you are underestimating the lenght quite a bit.

No, in general they are not ripped of their fur while they are still alive. There is a notion to one incident in the 1970 or something on wikipedia saying that it happened to one seal, but that was quite a while ago. The laws are much strickter now, and ensure good handeling of the animals. I provided sources earlier, now I suggest you actually provide yours instead of just saying that we should go look it up ourselves. I have looked, and haven't found nothing to support what you are saying. 

"Most of the time they are still breathing while their bodies lay on the ice without fur."

Yeah, no. They are not. Please stop pulling words out of your ass. You are discrediting an entire industry, their workers not to mention entire cultures on these baseless claims of yours. Have some decency. 

You are not standing up with facts at all, and that is what makes this seem jokelike. I don't doubt that you have good intentions with this, but you are uneducated on the subject, refuse to accept the reality when served to you on a silver plate, and you are hurting people with your allegations. 

Seal clubbing is sick and anyone who does it needs help.

That I can agree with.

Dear god the spam, one whole page of replies is almost by the same person. What the fuck.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ps3 said:
monocle_layton said:

Because you know I'm right, and that's why you're resulting to name calling. You were called out, and made a fool of, and don't know what to do. If you can't handle facts, or a debate with factual information, then perhaps you shouldn't be a member here

I'm calling you out, and that requires me to be blunt. 

Face it, I provided factual information and yet I'm the supposed person who cannot handle facts. Do you not have the mental capacity to understand how the food chain works? What about natural selection? These are all factors which don't exclude seals, pandas, or any other adorable animal.

I've done my best to be polite and provide ACTUAL arguments, and yet all you've done is spring up out of nowhere and bring pure garbage into this website. From your "supporting Trump makes you racist" to any other recent thread, you are doing exactly what you're criticising me for. I provide long, simple explanations to provide backup of my claims and yet all you do is give retarded trump-like comebacks where you just say some idiotic statement and act high and mighty.

I can get banned and I can give less of a shit. Good for me. I'm gonna call you out if no one else will.

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Dear god the spam, one whole page of replies is almost by the same person. What the fuck.

It's my first amendment right to speak my mind, and several posts were aimed at me. So I have all the right to reply. Not my fault my threads are popular.

Ps3 said:
Teeqoz said:

Reading up a bit on the topic, the spiked bat (called a hakapik) seems to be the way that kills the seals quickest, in that the spike crushes the brain and the seal dies basically instantly. It may seem gory, but as far as pain for the animal goes, it's painless.

But they don't die immedidately. There are videos of them shaking on the floor, still breathing while their coats are ripped off.

Are you talking about the spiked pick (hakapik) now? Because apparently it is also legal to use something like a baseball bat, and I can imagine that not killing them instantaneously, and thus it shouldn't be allowed. However the spiked pick (hakapik) kills them instantly. Shaking doesn't mean that they aren't dead. Muscles can spass out post mortem. But while I haven't heard about seals being skinned alive, if they are, that is obviously wrong and should be stopped. But if the seals are killed instantaneously (such as with a hakapik) and both the meat and the fur is used, I don't see a problem.

Ps3 said:

Cause pigs aren't domesticated like dogs are.

So you say that the animal, known as "domestic pig" isn't domesticated. Brilliant.

Ps3 said:
Kaneman! said:
Holy shit OP, haven't seen such terrible argumentation and so many fallacies in one thread for quite a while.

Continue opening topics though, I'm getting a good laugh from them.

And...... you are, who? *Looks at your time on these forums* Oh, that's why I don't know you.

Amazing comeback.

monocle_layton said:
Ps3 said:

Face it, I provided factual information and yet I'm the supposed person who cannot handle facts. Do you not have the mental capacity to understand how the food chain works? What about natural selection? These are all factors which don't exclude seals, pandas, or any other adorable animal.

I've done my best to be polite and provide ACTUAL arguments, and yet all you've done is spring up out of nowhere and bring pure garbage into this website. From your "supporting Trump makes you racist" to any other recent thread, you are doing exactly what you're criticising me for. I provide long, simple explanations to provide backup of my claims and yet all you do is give retarded trump-like comebacks where you just say some idiotic statement and act high and mighty.

I can get banned and I can give less of a shit. Good for me. I'm gonna call you out if no one else will.

I don't care about natural selection in this case. Natural Selection isn't about hitting baby seals with bats cause it's fun and you want their fur, it's about nature, and this is not nature, it's sick!

Actually, you're ignorant, because I never said racist... I said sexist. So get your facts straight.

You're not calling anyone out cause youre wrong. lol

monocle_layton said:
Ps3 said:

^also this.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.