By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOLD Prediction: Zelda BotW will do a Whopping 10mil Lifetime! Update 10mil Achieved

irstupid said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

The point is, terms like "finish him" are a part of pop culture (at least in the states), while there aren't any catch phrases from Zelda the general public necessarily recognize. Then again we're from different parts of the world, so this entire debate is more than likely moot without conducting a poll of people who don't necessarily play video games. Everything else brought up thus far has been purely anecdotal. 

As with most people when they make assumptions about somethings popularity over another is they ignore half of the population of the world.

You will be very hard pressed to find a female that would understand the pop culture reference as you call it "finish him" or others in a very much male genre game. So while many, not as many as you think, males might know this reference, that is only half the population.

I can guarantee you that neither of my sisters would have a clue what I was referencing if I go "finish him". They would look at me all weird, like why did you say finish him in this weird voice. I show them a picture of Link and they would probably recognize it.

My apologies, your sisters as a sample size puts to rest this entire argument. My bad

At the end of the day, like I said previously, there's no way to accurately measure brand recognition without market research. Everything said in this thread thus far has been anecdotal (yes even myself). 

Around the Network

Crazy how few people believed it could reach this, yet it’s easily going to do it. The new bold prediction is 15 million.

It’s already above 8.2 million shipments as of December 31st. That’s 300k short of lifetime TP numbers (8.5 mill) in less than a year. It’s legs are still amazing, too.

Mario Odyssey having similar success for Mario standards as well. Mario and Zelda have never been stronger. 

Last edited by Roar_Of_War - on 17 February 2018

Bumppppppppppp

tbone51 said:
Geralt said:
Im thinking closer to 4 million

Im thinking you should stop thinking lol

Good answer. Saw it a year later but good answer.

Luke888 said:
>Portable
>Launch title
>Perfect reviews by almost every reviewer

I think it can do 10M LT on Switch alone

called it, now it looks like it can reach 15M by the end of Switch's lifetime

Around the Network

Congrats op.

No it won’t!
1 million, tops.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Congratulations to BOTW, it's a victory against all those who say that single player story driven games are dead.
If I may, I predict the same amount of sales for God of War

You failed tbone!
Ypu said lifetime and already surpassed!
Ha!

(I think 15m is guaranteed. Road to 20m?)

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Road to 22 M LTD