By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Post your impressions on Horizon: Zero Dawn *no spoilers*

Tagged games:

bananaking21 said:
Hynad said:

Could you explain what is a Witcher 3 level side quest?

the scale of side quests in the witcher 3 vary a lot. some are small and quick, some are great stories with really interesting characters and outcomes for them. The best witcher 3 sidequests highlight the importance of characters and their effect on the story, lore and their own personal outcome. Geralt isnt alone in this world, and his actions alone dont just matter. what happens with other characters can effect him, either negativly or positivly. what happens with other characters is important to the world of the witcher, and side quests play a huge role in shaping that world. 

The bloody baron side quests continues the story of a character you meet, you can chose to continue to see what happens with him or not. but i dont know anyone who played TW3 who didnt continue his story, as its extremely interesting and you are personally invested in the outcome due to previous interactions with him in the main quests. in fact your decisions in some of the main quests drastically affect his story, even though the decisions you make at the time arent connected to him what so ever. 

side quests play a role in the endings of the TW3. they play a role on who dies and who lives, who wins wars and who is defeated. side quests help shape up the world and what happens in it. that is TW3 level of sidequests. 

TW3 calls those secondary quests though. More like story quests you can skip yet the game heavily suggests you complete them. The actual side quests are no different. I'm not that far yet in HZD, yet so far the quest system is nicely divided between main quests, substantial side quests and more simple errands. Next to that you have tutorial quests or rather tasks linked to weapons where you can make some extra xp.

The main quest is great so far, only nitpick is the save system. Once you start proving grounds you can't save for well over an hour. Sure it autosaves, but when, and I like to make manual saves that don't get overwritten when experimenting with a different save.

Around the Network

Around 30 minutes in and I have t osay the visuals are pretty dang good. Yeah, haven't played too much.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

So, who else thinks is faster to front roll (using O button) is faster than actually running? Thats the way im always moving to get faster to locations.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Knitemare said:
So, who else thinks is faster to front roll (using O button) is faster than actually running? Thats the way im always moving to get faster to locations.

Left click to run feels faster to me...

Hynad said:
Knitemare said:

I know, but I can sense its faster rolling Xp, At least the steps to get to a locations feel like decrease faster.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Around the Network
Knitemare said:
Hynad said:

I know, but I can sense its faster rolling Xp, At least the steps to get to a locations feel like decrease faster.

It drives me insanse when people constantly roll in games! Hahaha.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Normchacho said:
Knitemare said:

It drives me insanse when people constantly roll in games! Hahaha.

Hahaha no more rolling. Ive got the mount now :D