By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Post your impressions on Horizon: Zero Dawn *no spoilers*

Tagged games:

pitzy272 said:
d21lewis said:

I probably could since I have a pro and a vanilla on a 4K and 1080p TV, respectively. Unfortunately, I'm not very technical so my opinion won't be very helpful.

I will say this, though. You can back up PT to a memory stick and transfer it to your new PS4. Worked for me!

Haha I don't even really want a technical comparison. I'm not technical either :/. I just mainly want to know if the graphical difference is small/unnoticeable or significant. I don't even get too bothered by frame rate. But if PS4 pro improves graphics for games to a significant degree, then that would make me want it. 

I've seen the game run on both. And if you play in 4k on the Pro, the picture is freaking clean. Depending on the distance you sit from your TV, the regular PS4 graphics have some graininess to them that's completley absent with the Pro's 4K mode. The few pre-rendered videos in the game are also rendered in full 4K (not upscaled), so they look really crisp and gorgeous. 

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
pitzy272 said:
Does anyone have any comparisons for PS4 vs. PS4 pro? I'm considering getting a pro, but I haven't heard much about truly significant differences that would make the purchase worth it. But I've been hoping Horizon would be different.

And I wouldn't even want to sell my regular PS4 bc I wouldn't want to lose PT lol.

Sell it after, you can copy PT over with system transfer.

Second impressions:

The world is awesome to explore, a bit too awesome, as I'm still only level 6, picked up a lvl 25 quest. (Don't forget to go back to the ruins from the prologue) I got sidetracked climbing the mountains. While platforming is on autopilot you can free climb by jumping if you carefully pick your way, sprint jump, hop, all the way to the top. Unfortunately the game anticipated that and throws up invisible barriers around key places, as well as threatening to reload the last save if you continue over the mountain, which it made good on. Still cool to stand on top with a full 360 view :) I guess the reload will go away once I get past the proving whatever.

Can't wait to play more tonight.

So it will definitely work with the system transfer? Even tho PT is no longer available on PSN? I guess it's not like changing Apple phones then, where all ur apps have to be re-downloaded from the App Store?

Hynad said:
pitzy272 said:

Haha I don't even really want a technical comparison. I'm not technical either :/. I just mainly want to know if the graphical difference is small/unnoticeable or significant. I don't even get too bothered by frame rate. But if PS4 pro improves graphics for games to a significant degree, then that would make me want it. 

I've seen the game run on both. And if you play in 4k on the Pro, the picture is freaking clean. Depending on the distance you sit from your TV, the regular PS4 graphics have some graininess to them that's completley absent with the Pro's 4K mode. The few pre-rendered videos in the game are also rendered in full 4K (not upscaled), so they look really crisp and gorgeous. 

Sounds like it's a very noticeable difference. Great to know. Thanks!

pitzy272 said:
SvennoJ said:

Sell it after, you can copy PT over with system transfer.

Second impressions:

The world is awesome to explore, a bit too awesome, as I'm still only level 6, picked up a lvl 25 quest. (Don't forget to go back to the ruins from the prologue) I got sidetracked climbing the mountains. While platforming is on autopilot you can free climb by jumping if you carefully pick your way, sprint jump, hop, all the way to the top. Unfortunately the game anticipated that and throws up invisible barriers around key places, as well as threatening to reload the last save if you continue over the mountain, which it made good on. Still cool to stand on top with a full 360 view :) I guess the reload will go away once I get past the proving whatever.

Can't wait to play more tonight.

So it will definitely work with the system transfer? Even tho PT is no longer available on PSN? I guess it's not like changing Apple phones then, where all ur apps have to be re-downloaded from the App Store?

What I did when I got a new HDD:

-Delete EVERYTHING except PT, my game saves, and DVR stuff. You don't have to but it makes the process faster

-Go to "Back up and restore" in the menu and back up everything. The less content you have, the quicker the copy. I only had about 7 GB.

-If you have a new PS4, just go to "backup and restore" and copy everything onto the new.

-if you're replacing an entire HDD, do the same thing, but first you'll have to reinstall the firmware.

I actually have PT on my Pro and regular PS4. I've left out some steps, I'm sure. There are YouTube tutorials, though. It's not a hard process. The worst part was reinstalling the previous content.

Damn seeing some good impressions gonna have to pick this up. But based on what I saw the faces and voice acting are terrible but not a deal breaker and at least there is more quality that backs the cons.

Around the Network

Keep them coming folks - deciding whether to pick this up on the way home from work!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

The story is much, much better than I tought it would be, I was not expecting such and intriguing and envolving story. The game is realy fun to play and it has the most beautfull graphics Ive ever had the pleasure of looking at.

The only real con for me is that its kinda easy, Im playing on very hard and its still not realy chalenging, it might get harder latter on but rigth now its quite easy.

d21lewis said:
pitzy272 said:

What I did when I got a new HDD:

-Delete EVERYTHING except PT, my game saves, and DVR stuff. You don't have to buy it makes the process faster

-Go to "Back up and restore" in the menu and back up everything. The less content you have, the quicker the copy. I only had about 7 GB.

-If you have a new PS4, just go to "backup and restore" and copy everything onto the new.

-if you're replacing an entire HDD, do the same thing, but first you'll have to reinstall the firmware.

I actually have PT on my Pro and regular PS4. I've left out some steps, I'm sure. There are YouTube tutorials, though. It's not a hard process. The worst part was reinstalling the previous content.

Awesome, thanks for all of that man!

I wasnt planning on getting on the Hypre Train, but damn, I didnt even have money, nor wanted to wait to get a physical copy, so I used my credit card on the digital copy. Maaan, was I in for a treat. So far, I can say Im more impressed than with uncharted 4. The detail is on the Naughty dog level. The controls, it feels smoth to move, jump, etc etc. The cinematics. Damn, I didint know how much I missed guerrilla. Just finished Silent Hill 7, srry, I mean, Resident Evil 7, who had great visuals, but not close to HZD.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Amazing game this far(6hours in)
Alloy extremely likeable.
AMAZING graphics ( artistic way) better then uncharted 4.
Solid 30fps
Solid gameplay.
Interesting story line and characters.

Cons:
Weird facial animation.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil