By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Post your impressions on Horizon: Zero Dawn *no spoilers*

Tagged games:

I'm surprised nobody has made a thread, yet. Anyway, I'm playing Horizon and loving it. The game looks amazing. Probably the best I've ever seen. Stunning in 4K on PS4 Pro (though Uncharted 4 had a greater impact. I'll have to look at that game, again...).

Gameplay is pretty tight. Details abound. One thing I didn't expect was how much it feels like Rise of the Tomb Raider. The RPG elements haven't really factored in so I feel like it's going to be an RPG like Mass Effect was considered an RPG--more about action and choices.

Great purchase. No regrets so far.

+Simply stunning

+Technically incredible

+MASSIVE feel (so far, anyway)

+Tight, intuitive gameplay

-Takes itself too seriously(?)

-Child Aloy looks kinda creepy

-Some bad voice acting from NPCs (not too bad, though. Just not good.)

Around the Network

The game is stunning so far. Gameplay feels great, I'm enjoying the story, and it has the best world of any game I've ever played. Oh, and it looks and sounds incredible.

My only downsides so far are the poor lip sync, the sometimes weird animations, and some of the voice acting for side characters isn't great.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well haven't played, just watched a few hours. (up until she enters the town for the proving)

Pros:
Looks gorgeous
Intriguing story so far
Side quests so far have some meat to them
Her foster dad is awesome

Cons:
Looks way too easy (of course enemies were weak as F so far)
Really long tutorial section (felt like was watching someone do the Twilight Princess opening)
Annoying beacons all over pointing out rocks/stick/plants/ect and quest goal constantly popping up every 100 steps.
Also don't like the whole eye patch giving out soo much info. Like the path of the dinosaurs. Prefer my stealth in games to be I watch and learn versus click R1 and see it instantly. Also the whistle to tall grass is too OP.
The characters need to blink more in convo's, lol.

But that is as I said from just watching.

No spoilers being the key word here please. I am waiting to play Zelda first, then Horizon, because I don't want to subconsciously expect horizon graphics when I play Zelda had I played them the other way around.

Titanfall 2 in the meantime.

Amazing i'm loving it so much and i'm only at the beginning it's so freaking immersive thanks to the jaw dropping graphics and the gameplay is super tight and challenging!

The story is interesting and the characters are really lovable and well written.. i really like Aloy she's awesome

Around the Network

+ lots of verticality. World is densely packed with layers
+ crafting is not a hindrance yet serves a purpose
+ skill tree has skills you actually want/need
+ technical polish is insane
+ Graphics
+ combat is fun! It actually feels good to fight robot Dino's
+ Alloy feels great to control. Her leap dodge, sprint and general movement is great
+ menu is quick and easy to navigate with a lot of customize ability options for the HUD. I like how quests are sorted as well

Neutral: first thing I did was turn difficulty up to very hard. I do this with most games except Uncharted 4 and crushing. Seriously fuck that.

- side quests are not Witcher 3 tier (but no game is, that's the witchers best spot)
- child Alloy reminds me of a serial killer.

Not far enough in the game to make too many comments about the story or other quests yet. It's really unfortunate that the Division just had new DLC drop the same day too, cuz I prioritize that game over all else. It's my bae at 40 days of playtime since launch and the new update made everyone's build obsolete so I gotta get my grind in on that.

Lol dudeee i agree with you on child Aloy xD

Loving it so far, combat is fun plus the early upgrades are great. Slow motion from the get go.
One big flaw for me, climbing is like AC, just vaguely point in the right direction, game plays itself.

good

cool gameplay
story interesting so far
amazing graphics
great optimization

bad 

Enemies are different, yet I feel a generic vibe when I see them
I don't love any character
ugly faces :P

Cons
Child Aloy, and a few other children, look like they have down's syndrome. Strange problem that makes some of the children models look weird. Adult models seem fine though.