By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Post your impressions on Horizon: Zero Dawn *no spoilers*

Tagged games:

Tagging so I can post my impressions later.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Does anyone have any comparisons for PS4 vs. PS4 pro? I'm considering getting a pro, but I haven't heard much about truly significant differences that would make the purchase worth it. But I've been hoping Horizon would be different.

And I wouldn't even want to sell my regular PS4 bc I wouldn't want to lose PT lol.

pitzy272 said:
Does anyone have any comparisons for PS4 vs. PS4 pro? I'm considering getting a pro, but I haven't heard much about truly significant differences that would make the purchase worth it. But I've been hoping Horizon would be different.

And I wouldn't even want to sell my regular PS4 bc I wouldn't want to lose PT lol.

Sell it after, you can copy PT over with system transfer.

Second impressions:

The world is awesome to explore, a bit too awesome, as I'm still only level 6, picked up a lvl 25 quest. (Don't forget to go back to the ruins from the prologue) I got sidetracked climbing the mountains. While platforming is on autopilot you can free climb by jumping if you carefully pick your way, sprint jump, hop, all the way to the top. Unfortunately the game anticipated that and throws up invisible barriers around key places, as well as threatening to reload the last save if you continue over the mountain, which it made good on. Still cool to stand on top with a full 360 view :) I guess the reload will go away once I get past the proving whatever.

Can't wait to play more tonight.

Too early to have real impressions yet, but I still can't believe we can't sleep anywhere or even skip time. That's the only negative point. All the rest is just amazing.
We get rekt against bosses if we don't have a real good strategy. I love that.

Kanemaru said:

Too early to have real impressions yet, but I still can't believe we can't sleep anywhere or even skip time. That's the only negative point. All the rest is just amazing.
We get rekt against bosses if we don't have a real good strategy. I love that.

What does not being able to skip time do, exactly?

It's not like there's anything in the game that's tied to the time of day...

Around the Network
Hynad said:
 What does not being able to skip time do, exactly?

It's not like there's anything in the game that's tied to the time of day...

But if you don't like playing during night time, you're screwed.

pitzy272 said:

I probably could since I have a pro and a vanilla on a 4K and 1080p TV, respectively. Unfortunately, I'm not very technical so my opinion won't be very helpful.

I will say this, though. You can back up PT to a memory stick and transfer it to your new PS4. Worked for me!

pitzy272 said:

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/02/23/horizon-zero-dawn-gets-ps4-vs-ps4-pro-frame-rates-graphics-comparison-video/

I think it's incredible.  No regrets at all...  It's Tomb Raider meets Uncharted meets Witcher meets Farcry.....  Loving it.  

If BOTW is better were in for a treat on Friday.

d21lewis said:
pitzy272 said:

I probably could since I have a pro and a vanilla on a 4K and 1080p TV, respectively. Unfortunately, I'm not very technical so my opinion won't be very helpful.

I will say this, though. You can back up PT to a memory stick and transfer it to your new PS4. Worked for me!

Haha I don't even really want a technical comparison. I'm not technical either :/. I just mainly want to know if the graphical difference is small/unnoticeable or significant. I don't even get too bothered by frame rate. But if PS4 pro improves graphics for games to a significant degree, then that would make me want it. 

And really??? I thought the transfer from my PS4 to PS4 pro would require actual downloading from PSN again, thus preventing my Pro from being able to have PT. This is great news!!!