By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that you have tried to like

COKTOE said:
vivster said:
I tried to like many games. Most famous example is Mass Effect. I tried to like it 3 times. I always got bored to death before I even got to space.

I never played the first one, but rather liked ME2. Did you ever try it? Curious. KOTOR is an easy top 5 all time for me, so the first ME is still on my hit list, in spite of the consensus, objective flaws. Like the elevators.

Space is generally a very boring theme for me. I only tried Mass Effect in the first place because I really like Dragon Age. I doubt Mass Effect 2 would've done it for me either.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

The Wticher 2. Can't get past the crap UI and terrible combat.
Tales series. They feel so cliche budget and just crap.
Bethesda games. They feel like broken garbage.
Anything Naughty Dog. I hate the Crash games I hated Uncharted 3 and I could not stand The Last of Us.
Blazeblue. I love Guilty Gear but not Blazeblue.

I tried numerous times to play Kingdom Hearts before before resigning to just not liking it at all. Felt like a cheap collection of rip-off Disneyland rides with the greatest hits moments from Disney films without their great animation and full character arcs (much like many older Disneyland rides). Plus I was not a fan of the absolutely inane writing, really not very good combat, and the promise of murky and incomprehensible lore beneath the surface. Despite numerous friends shoving this series in my face as an all-time great for years, I just cannot like or even understand it.

vivster said:
COKTOE said:

I never played the first one, but rather liked ME2. Did you ever try it? Curious. KOTOR is an easy top 5 all time for me, so the first ME is still on my hit list, in spite of the consensus, objective flaws. Like the elevators.

Space is generally a very boring theme for me. I only tried Mass Effect in the first place because I really like Dragon Age. I doubt Mass Effect 2 would've done it for me either.

Interesting. I loved the first Dragon Age. So much so, I skipped part 2, because it looked like trash by comparison. That's interesting that the "space" theme is such a red flag for you. Oh, boy though, Morrigan. I plumbed the depths of that game. 4 full playthroughs. So, have you played KOTOR? It's very much like Dragon Age, more so than ME2, but.......IN SPACE.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Goodnightmoon said:
Deus Ex Human Revolution, I started it several times but I always end up bored to death soon

Ditto

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
vivster said:

Interesting. I loved the first Dragon Age. So much so, I skipped part 2, because it looked like trash by comparison. That's interesting that the "space" theme is such a red flag for you. Oh, boy though, Morrigan. I plumbed the depths of that game. 4 full playthroughs. So, have you played KOTOR? It's very much like Dragon Age, more so than ME2, but.......IN SPACE.

Yeah, that theme just isn't doing it for me. I like Scifi but space is just boring. So it seems we're pretty much the opposite then. I thought DAO was kinda meh but alright, I really loved DA2 and DA3 was ok but not as fun as DA2.

Maybe we will both like Elex coming this year. It's both Scifi and Fantasy.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
COKTOE said:

Yeah, that theme just isn't doing it for me. I like Scifi but space is just boring. So it seems we're pretty much the opposite then. I thought DAO was kinda meh but alright, I really loved DA2 and DA3 was ok but not as fun as DA2.

Fun Fact. Dragon Age Origins expansion "The Awakening" is free for Xbox Live gold members currently. ;)

The best part about Origins was the party banter. The best part of Inquisition was exploration.
And the best part about Dragon Age 2 was... I got nothing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Volterra_90 said:
Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. I find attractive the concept of exploring a vast world, talking with NPCs, slaying dragons in Skyrim, the post-apocalyptic setting of Fallout games... But the execution, dialogues, poor plots, technical problems, etc. make the task of enjoying these games impossible.

That and all these times I were wondering why the hell I was wasting time walking so much without a decent ennemy in sight.

Pemalite said:
vivster said:

Fun Fact. Dragon Age Origins expansion "The Awakening" is free for Xbox Live gold members currently. ;)

The best part about Origins was the party banter. The best part of Inquisition was exploration.

I loved that campfire shit. IDK if it was my favorite thing. but it was up there. I made a reply to viv too, but it was eaten by the VGC void. Let's see what happens with this one. Some days, this site makes me want to quit surfing the information superhighway.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Pemalite said:
vivster said:

The best part about DA2 was the awesome story which got really cool political at the end and the fun characters. Also the quick and snappy battle system. Playing as rogue was a blast as opposed to the other 2.

If it wasn't for the copypaste dungeons it'd be one of my all time favorite RPGs.