By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that you have tried to like

Farsala said:
Mobile games and 99% of indies.

As much as I like to trash FFXIII, at least I can play it for over 40 hours as compared to how much the above games actively annoy me.

Are the 1% of games you like the legendary ones? shovel knight, cave story, castle crashers, etc.

personally, I think just avoiding Steam helps me not see the bad side of indies. Nintendo controls the eshop quite well, so i prefer to just find indies on there. It helped me find Mutant Mudds, which is a very frustrating (but enjoyable) game

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:
Farsala said:
Mobile games and 99% of indies.

As much as I like to trash FFXIII, at least I can play it for over 40 hours as compared to how much the above games actively annoy me.

Are the 1% of games you like the legendary ones? shovel knight, cave story, castle crashers, etc.

personally, I think just avoiding Steam helps me not see the bad side of indies. Nintendo controls the eshop quite well, so i prefer to just find indies on there. It helped me find Mutant Mudds, which is a very frustrating (but enjoyable) game

Yes very few like Journey, apotheon, Rocket league etc. Really only liked Apotheon due to the setting, as I love Greek stuff. I find most Indies lack in interesting settings.

FF XIII. And it became my favorite mainline FF game. After a few hours I told some friends, and I quote: "It's more boring than church." Sometimes it pays to try. Sometimes though:

You never know.

"Moms are tough!" - Hope's mom from FF XIII intro.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I tried to like many games. Most famous example is Mass Effect. I tried to like it 3 times. I always got bored to death before I even got to space.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

flashfire926 said:
Pokemon X/Y. please don't kill me. It was very bland and forgettable IMO. Bland characters, bland region(except Lumiose), mediocre pokemon designs overall, stupidly easy difficulty(even for Pokemon games) and more.
I feel like the game wouldn't be as much praised if it wasn't the first 3D pokemon game.

X/Y was horribly done. Actually, all the 3DS Pokémon games have gone down in quality since the DS era. (Haven't played Sun/Moon yet because I don't really want to waste my money.)

OT: Monster Hunter comes to mind. I've tried to complete Skyward Sword maybe four times but have failed each time. Mainly due to laziness though, it seems like there's a possibility that I'll like it as a whole in the end.

Around the Network

Uncharted 1+2 and The Last of Us.

Maybe if they were on PC with Mouse/keyboard controls I might have liked them, but the combat was awful with dual analog controls, and I got bored of it and the rest of the gameplay after a short while each time I tried them.

Metroid Prime on Gamecube.

Again an issue of controls.  The trilogy edition on Wii was so much more enjoyable.  ut it probably also didn't help that I was a little kid when I tried Prime for the first time and got really frustrated fighting this one giant plant boss over and over again.  That boss is pretty easy now.

vivster said:
I tried to like many games. Most famous example is Mass Effect. I tried to like it 3 times. I always got bored to death before I even got to space.

I never played the first one, but rather liked ME2. Did you ever try it? Curious. KOTOR is an easy top 5 all time for me, so the first ME is still on my hit list, in spite of the consensus, objective flaws. Like the elevators.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I tried to like kingdom hearts. The camera and controls were bad, and the level design was spotty. Now KHII is entirely different...

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Darwinianevolution said:
To the Moon. The premise angers me to no end.

What angers you about the premise? If you don't mind elaborating.

I find some elements of the story too distracting to let me enjoy the actual love story. Essentially, when they essentially brainwash the old man to put new memories into his head, and the game presenting it as a good thing.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Street Fighter, or most arcade style fighting games. Every time I try to get better at them, I just get too focused on learning one combo, and get frustrated at how easy it is to fail. I think the problem is that I'm just terrible at multi-tasking, so trying to remember a combo while in the thick of a fight is extremely hard for me.

Earthbound is a game that I enjoyed...but can't bring myself to finish for some reason. I can see that it does a lot right, and understand why people enjoy it so much, but the combat just feels really clunky for some reason.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334