By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that you have tried to like

Over the many, many years of gaming that I have, sometimes I come across games that look really fun and interesting to me, I buy them and then buuuuuu, I don't enjoy them. The last two examples of this were Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed Unity, personally I really like AC series with 2 and Black Flag being my favorites, but there is something about Unity that just doesn't click for me, I have tried to force myself to like the game, and I have started the "story" mode a few times but nope. So with all this, have you had a similar experience with a specific game?

Around the Network

2d platformers. I just hate doing that pixel perfect jump over and over again

MGS5. Im a huge fan of the MGS series, I've played all of them, and I cant quite criticize MGS5's content and quality, cause theres tons of qualities in that game, its got a metascore of 93 for a good reason. Its just that I like my MGS games to have a defined, somewhat linear story, because its an already stablished universe. However much you criticize MGS4 for its cutscenes, the story progression, pacing and boss fights are fantastic. I cant say that about MGS5. And MGS5 has so many missions and even more side-missions that the main game itself gets lost for me. I get bored quickly. The scenarios dont feel that different. I feel I play a lot and dont progress even tho im getting things done, and yet theres still a lot to unlock that maybe its not important for the game.

Shin Megami Tensei and Monster Hunter comes to mind

I'm a fan of JRPGs but never really got into the series.. I'll probably try again since it has been some time though :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Assassin's creed unity and black flag

I hate those 2 games so much, but I tried.

Around the Network
Jpcc86 said:
MGS5. Im a huge fan of the MGS series, I've played all of them, and I cant quite criticize MGS5's content and quality, cause theres tons of qualities in that game, its got a metascore of 93 for a good reason. Its just that I like my MGS games to have a defined, somewhat linear story, because its an already stablished universe. However much you criticize MGS4 for its cutscenes, the story progression, pacing and boss fights are fantastic. I cant say that about MGS5. And MGS5 has so many missions and even more side-missions that the main game itself gets lost for me. I get bored quickly. The scenarios dont feel that different. I feel I play a lot and dont progress even tho im getting things done, and yet theres still a lot to unlock that maybe its not important for the game.

I think that having a lot of side missions and time wasting things to do in a game is a trend that many developers are implementing in games a lot lately. I too get bored with all the side quests and I hate when I feel like I'm not progressing in the main story of a game but at the same time I hate to not complete the game with a high % of completion, I feel that I'm missing a lot from the game...it sucks lol. 

Super Paper Mario.

KLXVER said:
Super Paper Mario.

Yup, I tried Color Splash not too long ago and nope didn't like it at all!

Deus Ex Human Revolution, I started it several times but I always end up bored to death soon

darkrulier said:
KLXVER said:
Super Paper Mario.

Yup, I tried Color Splash not too long ago and nope didn't like it at all!

He is not talking about that game though, he talks about Paper mario from Wii. Personally I enjoyed Color Splash more than that one.