By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Putting the Switch's price into perspective.

This sht has been discussed so many times back when ps4 and xb1 were released. This chart alone is pointless. You also need to put avg household income into perspective. You can argue abt 2017 $$ but many ppl might not be getting paid in 2017 $$.

And just like many ppl here said, you kinda have to compare it with what's in the market currently. Just imagine how you'll react if a car retailer use this same excuse to sell you their cars.

So yea if you wanna convince anyone to buy switch, this is definitely NOT a good argument to use

Around the Network
midrange said:

it'll be a nightmare for some game like smash)

How so? Smash Bros plays absolutely fine with the Wii Remote, why would a single Joy-Con be a nightmare?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
midrange said:

How so? Smash Bros plays absolutely fine with the Wii Remote, why would a single Joy-Con be a nightmare?

GC or GTFO

This will all be made redundant by patching in support for the GC-USB adaptor.

zorg1000 said:
midrange said:

Most fighting games are better with traditional controllers since a traditional controller is primarily designed to be comfortable and responsive. The joycons are instead designed to be small, detachable, and portable. This is why the Wii U had the game cube adapter despite Wii remotes being compatible.

midrange said:
zorg1000 said:

Most fighting games are better with traditional controllers since a traditional controller is primarily designed to be comfortable and responsive. The joycons are instead designed to be small, detachable, and portable. This is why the Wii U had the game cube adapter despite Wii remotes being compatible.

GC controller being better doesnt mean other options are a nightmare.

like i said, Wii Remote worked fine.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
zorg1000 said:

GC controller being better doesnt mean other options are a nightmare.

like i said, Wii Remote worked fine.

Wii remote has a D-pad.

Neither Joycon has a D-pad.

and Smash Bros works fine without a D-pad

Bandorr said:

Based on what? The Wii U, wii,and 3ds all have a D-pad. Where are you playing smash bros that doesn't have a D-pad?

Also "Most fighting games" was the statement. Are you actually going to say "Most fighting games" work fine without a D-pad?

Unless you are talking about Fight sticks..

...Wow. You have clearly never played Super Smash Bros once in your entire life. The only time you can use a D-pad to move is if your controller literally does not have a control stick, which only applies to one (lone Wiimote) out of the seven different control schemes that Smash is played with. If there's a control stick, the D-pad is functionally useless.

Bandorr said:
zorg1000 said:

and Smash Bros works fine without a D-pad

Based on what? The Wii U, wii,and 3ds all have a D-pad. Where are you playing smash bros that doesn't have a D-pad?

Also "Most fighting games" was the statement. Are you actually going to say "Most fighting games" work fine without a D-pad?

Unless you are talking about Fight sticks..

Based on the fact that you can play the game without a D-pad and it functions completely fine.

No, this is what he said in the post I originally responded to

"I was under the impression that people would want to use sets of joycons as opposed to normal joycons (it'll be a nightmare for some game like smash)"

It was in his follow up post that he switched his argument from Smash Bros to "most fighting games".

Bandorr said:
zorg1000 said:

Based on the fact that you can play the game without a D-pad and it functions completely fine.

No, this is what he said in the post I originally responded to

"I was under the impression that people would want to use sets of joycons as opposed to normal joycons (it'll be a nightmare for some game like smash)"

It was in his follow up post that he switched his argument from Smash Bros to "most fighting games".

And? 'Most fighting games' is quite a valid point. It is getting SF2. May be getting Pokken. Plus could easily get others.

I have still yet to see or read about someone trying to play SF2 on a Joycon.

Whats that got to do with anything? I wasnt arguing that the Joy-Con is ideal for all games & genres, I was pointing out that Smash Bros was a bad example because it will work fine with a single Joy-Con.

That confirms its really expensive for a handheld

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m